• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Summa F1612 HF router bits

achatwin

We have a new Summa F1612, with the HF router, scheduled for delivery next week. We are having trouble finding router bits meeting the HF router specs of a 6mm shank with overall length between 50-58mm.
I have Googled about everything and found very limited options. I am looking for recommendations from anyone with this router option. Also, will this router possibly accept a 60mm OAL bit?

axelmk

Have you tried CutGuru.com
They normally have bits and blades for several routers. I have purchased from them in the past for our Colex and have had good results.

achatwin

Have you tried CutGuru.com
They normally have bits and blades for several routers. I have purchased from them in the past for our Colex and have had good results.
I have not tried them. Checking their website, they have several 6mm shank bits, however, they do not include overall length in their descriptions so it will take a phone call to find out that information. I find it odd that they would not include that info in their bit descriptions.

achatwin

Not sure if the HF router uses the same collet as the standard router, but we bought a replacement collet in 1/8" and 1/4" for our router. (The standard router uses the ER16 collet - you should be able to check your documentation to confirm.)

https://www.precisebits.com/gateways/ColletsNutsHome.htm

This way you can use standard 1/8" and 1/4" bits...

My understanding is that the standard router has several collet sizes as options. However, I believe the HF router is fixed at 6mm. I can find 6mm shanks, just very few in the 50-58mm OAL specified for the HF.