• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa F1612 - Max material thickness for router?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We have a F1612 with standard Kress router option. I recently tried routing 1.5" thick HDU material and realized it wouldn't fit below the dust extraction boot.

The adjustment/dial thing does show it going up to 2" but will not allow you to move it that high.

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust or remove the dust boot to allow for routing 1.5" thick material?

Spent an hour looking online and through manuals and I can't say I've even found any mention that the dust boot even exists.

Thanks.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good morning,

The quick answer to your question is no, there isn't a way to rout materials thicker than 1". The main reason is gantry clearance on the machine. I would strongly suggest not trying to disassemble the router system as you may end up causing damage to the router system or table if the router were to cut through your belt.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Thanks Phil, that settles that.

Shame, it cuts HDU so nicely! I guess I'll see if we can stick with 1" thick or get them sandblasted instead.