• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa GOsign (several plotters)

stelmsk

Is it possible to work on several plotters through Summa GOsign? Recently, we bought two Summa S one, but as I understand it, you can only work on one at a time. Does one plotter really need a separate computer and a licensed software (which costs a lot)? The thing is, we use barcodes and all the computer does is open the file and send it to the device, I don't see any good reason to use multiple computers for that.
P.S. For now we use an emulator on a computer that allows you to run several versions of one program at the same time. And this would be a great option if the plotters did not constantly lose connection with the computer, this happens when both plotters download files at the same time.
P.P.S. We love this program because of the ability to clean up files (from double lines and so on), so we do not see replacements for it.

Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my native language

FrankW

As soon as you set both cutters to different USB-Classes (cutter menu „communications“, max 4 devices) if using USB, or use them over network, you can drive both cutters at the same time from one computer. You can add both cutters into Gosign and can select each in the layer section of the app.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
As soon as you set both cutters to different USB-Classes (cutter menu „communications“, max 4 devices) if using USB, or use them over network, you can drive both cutters at the same time from one computer. You can add both cutters into Gosign and can select each in the layer section of the app.
frank, wouldn't you think the issue, i s one of Port number?

stelmsk

I didn't ask how to connect both plotters to the computer and add them to Gosign. We need a solution to automatically cut the entire roll using barcodes on both plotters at the same time. The app does not allow you to use both devices when you work with barcodes in automatic mode, because while one of the plotters is cutting, GOsign is waiting for the next barcode and does not allow you to control the second device.

FrankW

Ok, that is what you mean with „work with two cutters“.

You can plot into file with Gosign and let Summa Cutter Control serve the cutting files for OPOS Barcode. Not shure if the barcode server in Summa Cutter Control allows more than one cutter at the same time to poll files, but even if needing two PCs, you dont need additional costly software. If saving all cutting files to one hotfolder for both summa cutter control installations, it would not matter which cutter will poll specific files.

Or you use the contour cutting functionality of your RIP to create and process contour cutting. While we should know which RIP you use to make suggestions.