• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Gosign

Saturn

Aging Member
The "barcode functionality" in GoSign Pro is a barcode server. You still need a RIP to generate the barcode in your design. Illustrator plugin can't do it either.

Appreciate the info. So nothing that wasn't already available using the free Cutter Control. Maybe someday!

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Just bumping this for an update to see if anyone has yet confirmed 100% if the ProPack version does or does not eliminate the need for a direct USB connection for the Cam plotters?

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Just wanted to confirm that the OPOS Cam cutters still require a USB connection regardless of whether you are using the new GoSign software or not. The GoSign software does have a new user interface that has a material manager with customizable tool action sets so you can define what types of cutting you are doing on different materials that you use frequently.

For OPOS Cam users, you can also access different camera profiles for better mark detection on different types of material or maybe on materials that have already been masked. If you get the Pro Pack that adds the barcode server that was mentioned previously(you still need a RIP to assign the barcodes), ability to cut .plt/dxf/oxf files, and for users who also have a Summa F-Series it facilitates the twin workflow functionality. If you don't plan on using the barcode workflow, or using the twin workflow functionality, the Pro Pack would not really benefit you much.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions for anyone else who might be considering switching over to the GoSuite and I would be happy to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112(office)
(509)280-6354(cell)
philj@airmark.com

sannazan

Premium Subscriber
The "barcode functionality" in GoSign Pro is a barcode server. You still need a RIP to generate the barcode in your design. Illustrator plugin can't do it either.
what is the cheapest RIP software with barcode functionality?

jerry369

Would love to hear more feedback from anyone using an S2 and GoSign Pro, especially the Illustrator plugin part.

The release notes mention 'barcode functionality' in the pro version, and I would KILL for the ability to create standalone barcoded files independent of a RIP, doing my own imposing and layout.

You don't need to kill anyone, just use the full version of MacSign plugins to add registration marks. A dialog box will allow you to customize the addition of regmarks and add a barcode, like shown in this picture:

OPOS.jpg

Saturn

Aging Member
... just use the full version of MacSign plugins to add registration marks. A dialog box will allow you to customize the addition of regmarks and add a barcode ...
I've pretty much come to terms with the RIP doing it all, but I assume this is exclusive to MacOS?

Would be nice to have the option to leave off the "back" barcode on sheets. Also, the possibility of editing cut files for jobs already printed could occasionally come in handy.

Thanks for the tidbit!

Saturn

Aging Member
The plugin to add regmarks/barcode is also available for Windows (Illustrator and CorelDRAW)

Can you provide a link to a Windows plugin that provides barcode creation? I only see MacSign as available for MacOS, and the only PC Illustrator plugin I know of only generates Regmarks, not barcodes.

Saturn

Aging Member
Found the info that indicates it can run on PC. I may be kicking myself that I never knew about it when I first got my Summa...

If they brought their website forward a decade or two they would probably garner a bit more business. ;p

Saturn

Aging Member
Doesn't look like there's currently a PC plug-in, only a separate full version available. Might not be worth the extra hoops to jump through just for that tiny percentage more control. :(

Will try and report back if I download it.