• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa purchase help

joegambler0

Hi, New here, not sure chit chat was the correct section to post this. Looking to get into vinyl for different items, not just signs at a prosumer level. I can buy a like new used original Summacut D75 for $1200 or a new Summa S one D75 which is it's redesigned replacement for $2100. Which one? Thanks.

joegambler0

Thanks, I need to make a decision quickly, since the used one is in great shape and you don't see them for sale all the time. Are you replying from a experienced position or just an opinion? Thanks.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I've had my hands on quite a few units. It's a solid basic cutter, there really isn't that much more amazing features in the new S One that it would be worth that difference.
I kind of dislike the touch screen on the S One. It's sooo small that it's actually hard to use.
Anyways it's only been out 6 months, not too many of them out there to hear user feedback.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Joe,

Phil from Airmark here and we are a long time merchant member here on the site and used to own and operate Summa. If you're able to get the serial number for this unit I can try to check the unit history to make sure there haven't been any major issues with the unit before you make your final decision(if you haven't already). $1,200 is a good price if the unit is in good shape and still has a warranty but if there have been issues or it is out of warranty it may not be as good of a deal.

Feel free to contact me if there's anything that I might be able to do to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

joegambler0

Hi Phil, I appreciate the offer, but since someone experienced replied and said I should get it, I already bought it. It's 6 years old, so no warranty, original owner, not used in a sign shop, maybe 1200 jobs ran on it and very well cared for. Before this purchase when considering buying new. I did speak to your company and in the future if I need something that you carry. I would not think twice of giving you my business. I think you are a great company, with the best brands, at a reasonable price and very knowledgeable and helpful, without being pushy. Thanks.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
I appreciate the kind words, Joe, and I hope the Summa cutter works out well for you! Feel free to contact us anytime if there's ever anything that we can do to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com