• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa S2160T skewing on Y axis

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
We have a Summa S2160T. We print groups of labels back to back. Nothing fancy just rectangles with rounded corners about 2 to 3 inches wide by about 15 to 16 inches long. We group them in 2 row groups to make cutting them down easier. The past couple days I noticed about every 4th or 5th group in a run will cut at least one or both rows about 1/4 inch off on the y axis. All the rollers are down and the material is running fine. Is it possible the rollers are just wearing out? Or is there something else I might be missing?

rjssigns

Lead edge perfectly perpendicular to the side of material?

If you answer yes to the first question then are you loading it perfectly straight?

How long of a run and at what speed? Long runs of heavy material at higher speeds will develop enough kinetic energy to throw things out of alignment.

If the runs are under 15 feet in length and 15cm per second with laminated cast "whip" shouldn't be an issue.

Honestly though if you answered no to either of the first two questions start there.

jasonx

We had a similar issue about 6 months back. Just a lot of inconsistency. We replaced the wheels on all four pinch rollers and the problem went away.