• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa sticker cut alignment issue

AGinVT

We're learning the ropes on our new Summa S2 T-160, and we've had a cut issue on one recent batch of flex-cut euro stickers (I've included a photo of the issue with this post). The shape is supposed to be a smooth oval, but it placed two notches on the right side of the ellipses. Could this just be a fluke, or is there something we should do to correct this to prevent future occurrences? Any insight is welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_3587.jpg
    IMG_3587.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 340

DrunknMonk

you need to get your tracking better, the notch will be where the black dots are inline, all down to tracking make sure its square in the cutter.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Almost looks like it’s cut slightly into the one on the bottom. What are your settings with opos panelling? Could it be that the machine stopped in the middle, read the panelling marks and then proceeded to cut slightly off?

Without a bit more info it’s hard to say, even cut speed and force could cause problems. Or as mentioned above if the tracking is causing problems stuff like this could happen.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good afternoon,

I would double check all of your flex cut settings and reduce the values for flex length(tabbed portion) and full length(gaps between tabs) when attempting to flex cut curves. Flex cutting is really designed for perforating straight lines as opposed to curves, but if you reduce the values I mentioned and also slow the cutter down a bit, you should be able to achieve better results. Just keep in mind that perforating curves is an inexact science and if you are looking for more consistency from job to job, a flatbed cutter is a much better solution.

Feel free to PM me here on the site or send me an email to philj@airmark.com if you would like to pick my brain on this any further.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com