• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Users ... Reviews Wanted

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Do you get tired of seeing posts wanting to know "What's the best plotter, printer, software, fill in the blank?". The new Signs 101 Product Reviews is aimed at developing an answer to this constantly asked question. But we need your help to develop this into a useful resource.

If you have direct experience with Summa printers, plotters or software, please take a few minutes and tell us what you think by reviewing the products you know about.

Here's a link to the products that have been started so far. If there are missing products you'd like to review, just let us know and we'll add it into the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gene@mpls

I can personally speak of the T750 series cutters- I have a T750pro and a
T750SL - do you have to add the equipment? I don't see how we can.
Also experience with Royal Sov 42" hot/cold and Royal 55" cold laminator and
Wasatch rip/cut software for 30" printers (Small format edition- about $800).

Bigdawg

Just Me
You can add a product here when you go to the main reviews page:
attachment.php

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can personally speak of the T750 series cutters- I have a T750pro and a
T750SL - do you have to add the equipment? I don't see how we can.
Also experience with Royal Sov 42" hot/cold and Royal 55" cold laminator and
Wasatch rip/cut software for 30" printers (Small format edition- about $800).

No any member can add the product page and then post a review. It isn't hard. A photo or two is a great start and then either your objective description of the product or the manufacturer's description.

If you look in the Nav Bar, there's a link named New Item for Review that starts the process.

Gene@mpls

Cool beans- I did my 1st one and will add more as time allows. Are newbys
directed to the reviews in the process of signing up?

(link) to the products that have been started so far. If there are missing products you'd like to review, just let us know and we'll add it into the mix.
Kinda threw me off.

jayhawksigns

We purchased our second Summa, a S140T within the past year. I'll right something up an post pictures before the year is over.

guato

What did you mean by "heavy-duty materials", what kind of material can you cut?
Thx in advance

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Where are the reviews? Can't find any reviews on any cutter or manufacturer.

Bigdawg (another Admin) and I spent a couple of man-weeks each setting up and populating the Reviews section. In the several years that followed, it was near totally ignored by our members. Most of the items listed sat with no comments added and new items added could be counted on the fingers of one hand. Eventually the majority of review items became obsolete and the Reviews section was removed.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Bigdawg (another Admin) and I spent a couple of man-weeks each setting up and populating the Reviews section. In the several years that followed, it was near totally ignored by our members. Most of the items listed sat with no comments added and new items added could be counted on the fingers of one hand. Eventually the majority of review items became obsolete and the Reviews section was removed.

DOH!!! I saw this pop up and thought about adding reviews...until I saw your most recent post... No wonder the links all took me back to the home page....:banghead:

depps74

Do you get tired of seeing posts wanting to know "What's the best plotter, printer, software, fill in the blank?". The new Signs 101 Product Reviews is aimed at developing an answer to this constantly asked question. But we need your help to develop this into a useful resource.

If you have direct experience with Summa printers, plotters or software, please take a few minutes and tell us what you think by reviewing the products you know about.

Here's a link to the products that have been started so far. If there are missing products you'd like to review, just let us know and we'll add it into the mix.
Summa? Worst machine I ever owned. Worst customer service, worst software. See my posts from last year for why no one should ever go down this dark path. Best part was when summa customer service blamed oracal!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Summa? Worst machine I ever owned. Worst customer service, worst software. See my posts from last year for why no one should ever go down this dark path. Best part was when summa customer service blamed oracal!
You are definitely the anomoly not the norm. We have had a Summa since 2015 and its has been a tremendous upgrade over anything else we ever had or used. We had some issues early on due to it being a used demo machine but Summa took care of it and got us running with little to no issues since. Everyone who has converted that we know of has never wanted to go back!

depps74

You are definitely the anomoly not the norm. We have had a Summa since 2015 and its has been a tremendous upgrade over anything else we ever had or used. We had some issues early on due to it being a used demo machine but Summa took care of it and got us running with little to no issues since. Everyone who has converted that we know of has never wanted to go back!

Yeah? Check the forums man. Some poor sap has the exact same problem going on. To each is own, your lucky but you asked for experiences. So not "everyone" I would hate for someone to be in the same position middle of 3 major jobs and their new summa is acting like a $50 hobby horse. The software was so stupid too, granted thats not a summa issue, but compared to my gtraphtect plugin of select and cut its a no-brianer.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I've had issues with every graphtec I've used or owned... Some were never resolved "static" issues. Across 3 generations of machines.

Btw, your issue you experienced with the circles looks exactly like the behavior of "optimize curves" if that was turned on you would have erratic cutting results as its mainly designed for dxfs that have tons of segments to build a curve.