• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SummaCut D75 Contour cuts are off .

Snydo

Your sales rep should have steered you toward a T-Series but you should be able to get close enough with your machine. I would suggest adding at least one pinch roller(media select kit) and keeping your prints under 36 inches wide and as short vertically as you can get away with. Those two things should greatly increase your success rate.
I run an S2-160T with 2 added media select kits and cut a 10 mil lam/4 mil vinyl combo with precision, as long as I keep my prints under 45 inches wide. With the thick stuff if the media doesn't stay flat as it feeds you are already doomed. Good Luck.

autoexebat

Sadly they don't make the media select kits for the SummaCut D75 , I cut at 25" wife by 45 and the cut's are off . The reason I got the machine was so I could do bigger cuts . So if I can only cut ,, say 25" by 30" long , that totally defeats my purpose in buying this machine as that is what my factory Roland printer will do.

What shocking to me is even tonight I put my contour cuts even more into the graphic to run some test and it still cuts right at the border of the graphic itself .

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Thanks , I have the speed as slow as it can get . , acceleration ? I didn't see that in the menu anywhere .
You have to install the summa cutter control and change it in there. Default acceleration is 1G I think and that can make heavy materials slip.

autoexebat

You have to install the summa cutter control and change it in there. Default acceleration is 1G I think and that can make heavy materials slip.

And what should I move it to ?

I'm not seeing anything move or slip . it's just not cutting in the correct area . But I will defiantly try it !

autoexebat

I wanted to give an update , I just ran a test with normal briteline vinyl with no lamination at all .

Same exact result ! My thick media does NOT seem to be the issue !!!

PS ,This was the 2nd test after I ran the OPOS calibration .

OPOS Calibration did nothing to resolve the issue .

Attachments

• 20200911_175833.jpg
    20200911_175833.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
  • 20200911_175729.jpg
    20200911_175729.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 20200911_175833.jpg
    20200911_175833.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • 20200911_175859.jpg
    20200911_175859.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
When it looks for the cutting squares, does it take forever to find them or does it find them straight away?

There must be something off in your design - > print - > cut workflow.

Snydo

Wish I could help but I've never used Corel or Winplot. Seems there are two possibilities, either your software is placing the crop mark improperly or your cutter is defective. Maybe try the 7 day trial of Flexi @ thinksai.com to rule out a software issue.

autoexebat

I have Flexisign 8.1 installed but not sure how to setup the crop marks ...

Do I impost the whole design into flexi ? not sure the steps

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Drop your design in there and make sure your cut lines are correct.
Something like this.

I don't know if you have production manager but if you do you can just drop the job with cutcontour there and print&cut it as well.

autoexebat

When it looks for the cutting squares, does it take forever to find them or does it find them straight away?

There must be something off in your design - > print - > cut workflow.

No it finds them within 3 seconds ( I didn't really count ) but just as fast as my Roland does .

autoexebat

Drop your design in there and make sure your cut lines are correct.
Something like this.

I don't know if you have production manager but if you do you can just drop the job with cutcontour there and print&cut it as well.

I do , but this seems to be a PITA ... my files aren't really small and takes forever to even get in there . I'd think the summa plugin should work in corel. hmmmm

autoexebat

I just did the OPOS calibration 3 more times just to be on the safe side, Did a print and it's the same issue . It's cutting right on the border and not inside the graphic as I put it .

Maybe someone can post a file and I can load it on my machine to test ? Just a PDF and cut file ?

Saturn

Aging Member
I would try creating a new simple file of some simple shapes and your Corel applied regmarks. Like a 5 inch tall file with a dozen circles in it. Then I'd see how it cuts on those. (if you haven't already)

Also, if you're cutting your file from Winplot, there should be a "cut regmarks" or similar button to tick on one of the tabs once you hit cut. That would do the obvious and cut the regmarks once it's cut the other stuff. That should give you a VERY obvious clue on whether the fault is the material or cutter mechanics. I tick that box anytime I'm troubleshooting and I don't think it's ever cut the regmarks off by more than a gnats hair, leading me to focus on other causes.