• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sun Chemical UV vs. others

RycckG

Hello, we print withSun Lo Odor on a Gandi 3150 UV on paper. Problem is it is hard to get the inks dry since the substrate is porous, resulting in residual odor... Question is: does anyone have experience with different ink manufacturers that may offer a product that dries easier or quicker?
Thanks in Advance...

Typestries

Hey there

Well, I wish I could tell you we have had good results with sun. Besides odor, head and filter clogging were a real issue. We switched to nazdar LWU7400 and have been very pleased. It does smell a bit like a pumpkin, but its nothing like the sun ink and no more clogging. PM me and I can put you in touch directly with the ink chemist that developed the ink and he can help address questions relating to your specific application.

RycckG

Thanks Rick.. I sent you an email. Are you using the LWU7400 series in Spectra SM heads? Gandi printer?