• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surecolor f170 printing greys, brown

I bought a Surecolor f170 a few months ago just so I could offer koozies to my race car customers. I’ll start by saying I found out I was printing on the wrong side of the transfer paper and the quality of the prints were kind of blurry but colors were always pretty close. Once I figured out about my paper issue my print quality improved drastically in print/color quality. My new issue is my greys are printing out brown now. Im using a Mac and printing from illustrator also tried from my PC same issue. I can select the correct color profile for textiles it seems but I’m not sure if there is something else I’m missing? I downloaded a grey color swatch with about 100 different greys and they all come out brown/tan. Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
My guess is that it's putting in to much magenta. Try removing magenta and see if it improves. I have a similar issue with my Roland VS-300i.

Have your greys ever come out correctly?
They were coming out fine when I was printing on the wrong side of the paper. Once I realized I was printing on the wrong side of paper they turned brown/tan. Quality as far as other colors and more sharp lines improved drastically.

Attachments

• TC.jpg
    TC.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 127
When I print on the paper it’s coming out a tan/brown color. The pictures above are just an example of what the print changed to after I switched the paper around to the correct side. It’s something I have messed up in the print settings I'm assuming. Just can’t pinpoint it down.