• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Swap out cut files for Summa??

touch31

The Summa Cutter is not a machine I'm very familiar with. I am helping a company out doing some contract work. Luckily this problem is not my mistake but I'm trying to figure out a work around.

We have printed about 20 10 ft. banners that will be cut out for vinyl placement. There is a small glitch on every one of them that was supposed to be fixed in Illustrator before being printed. It is way too many to redo. It is an easy fix to take out the glitch. Every banner has the bar code and number already associated and printed on them.

In my mind "theoritically" if we fixed the glitch, resent it to rerip, then changed the number of the new "cut file" to the one on the banner already printed it would associate with this one instead.

Has anybody ever done this? I don't know enough about the program to know if this is possible.

Thank you ahead of time for any answers!!!

touch31

Will this program give us the option of switching them out?

I went to the site and all it says is "cutting program that imports EPS, AI and DXF files: positioning, rotating and scaling possibilities."

Jim Doggett

Install the plug-in in Illy. It does the export for you, and then opens it in WinPlot. Be sure to have the vector (outline) selected in Illy before using the WinPlot plug-in. Bitmaps, of course, will not cut unless vectorized.

Summa Support will guide you through this. Just tell them the cutter is a Summa.