• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sweet shop logo

Rob_maxgrafix

Working on a logo design for a local sweet shop. Anything and everything you can imagine that has sugar in it, they make it. the name is Chocolate Carousel, and they didn't have much of anything in the way of a "logo", just some lettering on an illuminated box sign out front of their store. So I've been working on something they can be identified with but keeping it simple. So, I ended up with the first design. After speaking with them more, they said they want to emphasize their wedding cakes, and that that is the main part of their income. Now going a different route, trying to make it a little more classy and elegant. I had to have chocolate brown and strawberry pink in there as per their request. the second is where im at now

comments/critiques welcome

Attachments

• simple business style.jpg
    simple business style.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 114
  • elegant.jpg
    elegant.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 99
I personally, would combine the two... make a design around the horse instead of just a box and put the lettering from the second one in there. I like both of them though.

Nice work! Alan

ironchef

Nice job. I like the cake one. But there's no reference to the theme of the name. Also the font is barely legible. Get a more simple script font

Jillbeans

I love the font on #2.
I'd type out S W E E T S H O P in a font like LHFEssendine or LHFSteven's Percepta Modified or Signfonts Sign Gothic and not put it in a panel.
I'd make a different cake graphic with a stylized chocolate carousel horse as the topper?
Love...Jill

WCSign

I love the font on #2.
I'd type out S W E E T S H O P in a font like LHFEssendine or LHFSteven's Percepta Modified or Signfonts Sign Gothic and not put it in a panel.
I'd make a different cake graphic with a stylized chocolate carousel horse as the topper?
Love...Jill

Why not try to turn the cake into a multi-leveled carousel?

agreed, I was gonna say put the horse and other carousel themed things along the sides of the cake

both look good though

deane

I also like the font on #2, but I would shorten the cross on the t so it doesn't go through the C because on first glance I see an E. I hope that makes sense.

S'N'S

What if they loose the "shop" everyone knows its a shop and have Sweets & Wedding cakes.

Brad Knight

I think that the shape of a cake and the shape of a carousel screams to be pulled together.

BUT - I like the contrast in the browns and pinks in the lettering. The fonts might be tweaked a little, but the contrast is good and overall I like that. I don't know if it's the way it's exported or not, not I think a little more white space around the sides would look a little better - a little less crowded at the edges.

Rob_maxgrafix

So I got up from my desk and walked across the room and just stared at it from farther away, the script font needed to be less "busy" so I went with LHF flamingo script, and essedine in the panel. the customer loved the cake, so I think Ill leave that one alone, but I did like the feedback about making a carousel cake. that was the next step if they weren't crazy about it.

The work cakery is something they are trying to coin, and make the next big thing in the bakery world. idk.

Attachments

• elegant2.jpg
    elegant2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 82

wildside

cakery really? at least they aren't gonna try "cakeage" :ROFLMAO:

we could all change "signage" to "signery":Big Laugh