• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Switching inks - Colorific to Eco-Sol

vinylcutgraphics

Hi there,

after advice from our engineer (and a new set of heads) we are switching to eco-sol max. It also appears as though the magenta may be 'bad ink'

The colorific literature says that it compatible, and than it can be used without flushing when switching from eco-sol - but in reverse, should I flush the colorific inks before using eco-sol?

Any advice appreciated

anotherdog

Honestly, are any of the bulk inks worth the hassle?
I get tempted then I see a post like this and stick with OEM eco-Sol

Jack Knight1979

flush the system to go back to OEM. Also, change all the dampers. Any residual inks in the damper could mix/ coagulate in the head and cause more problems.

vinylcutgraphics

Thanks - I will defiantly flush the inks - this could have turned out to be a horror story.

The printer does in fact have two new heads, and the magenta started deflecting a little after two weeks, but was ok after a clean. I'm taking no chances so this ink is coming out asap.

To be fair colorific has performed ok for 3 years, but there is definitely something not right with the magenta ink. Perhaps it has been sat on the shelf somewhere too long or it is a bad batch, who knows - but from reading this forum and speaking the the engineer, i've decided to go to roland inks.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if only i knew I would have done it two weeks ago!

Jack Knight1979

I understand. bad ink is not cool. Before I switched to my current inkset, I had a horrible problem that nearly put me out of business.

I was down for a month or so trying to get my printer working. The vendor kept telling me it wasn't the ink. They sent out some free bottles to switch. Still didn't work. "It's not the ink." They kept saying. I tried new heads, the whole shooting match.

A high level Roland engineer got involved and couldn't figure it out.

I eventually said the hell with it, and flushed the system. Dropped in eco-sol max and it printed great. Not the ink my ***. ha-ha.

The color in question during my nightmare was magenta. I currently use an aftermarket ink with no problems. It's also compatible with OEM, so if I have a problem I can just drop in an OEM cart and keep going.

Best of luck during your flush.