• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

T-Shirt - Heat Press - Which one should I get?

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
Hello guys,

I am about to invest in a t-shirt heat press machine.
I would like to ask you for your opinions, please.
Which one should I get? Which one should I stay away from?

Thank you very much in advance!

Leandro

2B

how serious are you about this?
* Main focus of the business
* An added services to keep customers happy / shopping one location
* side hobby

Geo--Knight is the premier,
but there are plenty of others that can fill the need also.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Id probably suggest spending a bit extra and getting an auto open one at least. Especially for sublimation it’s great to just press it down then wander off without having to worry

timkaz227

It's easy to say buy a more expensive press. All of the presses above a great, but that comes at a cost. I think it depends on what type of shirt printing you plan to do. For years I have done Heat transfer vinyl, printed vinyl from my roland versacamm, plastisol transfers and digital transfers printed on our copier with a low end cheap heat press(ProWorld). I just ordered a white toner cmyk printer to try and expand the business. This needs a better heat press. I have ordered a Hotronix Fusion Heat press. Another press that a lot of people like from a t-shirt group I'm part of is the InstaPress 256. Send me a PM if you have otehr questions about my T-Shirt business.

WildWestDesigns

Heat press is one of those under appreciated tools.

We use ours from everything from heat transfer vinyl, did at one time do sublimation, bling transfers, apart of patch production (depends on if the customer wants adhesive backing or not in most instances) and applique production if I have to use the plotter to cut out the pieces, if it's hand cutting the applique pieces, then I don't need the heat press.

While I'm a huge, huge fan of Geo Knight, the biggest thing here is getting quality. "You" want constant and accurate heat across the platen(s) (if you have a bottom heated platen as well). That is going to be the biggest thing and as those no name presses age, that's harder and harder to get.

I would suggest swing away versus clam shell. Auto open is nice, but not a necessity. I do like having a digital readout on mine, including timer, but again that isn't necessary.

Superior_Adam

We use the Stahls Hotronix. We have the dual air fusion and 2 of the standard fusion presses. The air versions are nice as you dont have to set the pressure manually.

We have two very old Insta presses, model 715, and they are great. We picked them up used from a Hallmark store that was discontinuing the heat press t-shirt part of their business. I can't imagine a better heat press than these.

Last edited:

rjssigns

Hotronix drawer style here. Bought it used from a guy that was retiring. He had eight of them. Works great and I like it better than the clamshell style.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Hello guys,

I am about to invest in a t-shirt heat press machine.
I would like to ask you for your opinions, please.
Which one should I get? Which one should I stay away from?

Thank you very much in advance!

Leandro
Don't buy anything from Heat Press Nation.

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
THANK YOU everyone!
You guys/girls are the greatest help.

Now I have a clearview...... It is either the Geo Knight or the Hotronix.

I believe considering the prices....I most probably gonna get the Geo.

Thanks a bunch! I wish this thread help others.

:)

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
As long as you don't buy anything from SignWarehouse you'll already be ahead of the game, and don't buy that cheezy 5-in-1 set up!
It won't last long!

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
a few years back i went with Stalls got a slider to save my knuckles and $$ and a hat press with assorted platens - good price on a package deal. i've used the shirt press for everything from shirts ,pockets to gym bags and the hat press for hats to facemasks . had an issue once and one call had if fixed in less than a half hour . call and work with a human to get the best price / setup for what you want to use it for - more features = more $$ automatic , air assist , swinger , clamshell , slider -