• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

T-Shirts

Stacey K

I like making signs
I like the 613Originals transfers. Got a few test shirts I made when first getting into the process, and they've been worn & washed many times. No damage to the transfers whatsoever. The one / two / three color stuff has been nice, but still not a huge fan of the full color transfers. More testing to be done.
I have an IColor printer that I don't like. Can't figure it out to get nice colors. Anyway - Some of the full color transfers I made on it have survived better than the Transfer Express full color ones. I just ordered a Supacolor sample kit so I'm curious how they are compared to the others. I'll let you know my thoughts.

GB2

Old Member
Is anyone producing their own DTF transfers? What equipment and materials are best for this?

Stacey K

I like making signs
The HP printer can produce these. I have not tried it yet, I'd be curious if anyone else has?

I do have an IColor which works great but it's hard for me to get the colors right.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Is anyone producing their own DTF transfers? What equipment and materials are best for this?
we're hoping to purchase a system in the next month or two. You basically have:

home built type systems which you can find online and convert an office/home Epson too but don't expect the print heads to last long and they are sloooooow

Systems from China that are resold by US companies which gives you product support but you pay around double buying direct. But you get support which could be a key thing.

We're likely looking at a 2-3 head 24" system from a company we've worked with for a while in China and are spending about $10k for the system. Might actually end up going with a cheaper 14" system (around $6) though and then get a second 24" later.

The different systems are mainly separated in price by the print heads. Epson 600 series heads are much cheaper but not meant for commercial use and won't last very long. Epson 13200 heads are more for commercial use but are around $1200-1500 each so sticking 2-3 in a printer really bumps up the price.

Stacey K

I like making signs
There is an amazing source called SupaColor at www.Supacolor.com and the FULL COLOR prints they produce are amazing,
I found them after watching a couple of Tshirt guys on YouTube...
There is also a great source on the west coast for spot color screen printed transfers that take all of 5 seconds on a heat press... and are very affordable
(PS SupaColor DOES NOT ALLOW GANG RUNS, aka sheets with multiple jobs on them,... so be aware!
also there is www.fmexpressions.com for single color screen printed heat transfers under 20 cents each...

anyway, Hope this helps!
Thank you for the tip on Supacolor! I ordered the sample pack and I LOVE THEM! They are SO much easier to apply than the Transfer Express full color and they are hot peel which means no waiting for them to cool down. I had one that seemed to lift slightly on the corner but the second press took care of it. With the TE if a corner lifts, the shirt is junk, the transfer won't go back down with a second press. The salesperson called me and gave me the free 20 transfers which I ordered yesterday for my sons business shirts so that will be a great test as to the wear ability of the transfer. They say they are good for at least 50 washes and from the wash tests I saw, they are good for many more washes than that. I also liked the feel of it, it was no different than a plastisol transfer. They print within 1-2 days then ship so even being several states away, I'm pretty confident that I should have them within 6-7 business days after ordering.