• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

t3 miller weldmaster

JBurton

Signtologist
Never seen or heard of it, thought it was a miller welder, but... If you aren't already looking at an ISA 'special', you may want to wait until next week and see if any better pricing/promotions pop up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you do enough banners to warrant that kinda purchase ?? I would say you'd need to do 20 banners a week at least.

Superior_Adam

Seeing that this unit is listed at $17,000 you need a large work load to be able to justify it. You can buy a Juki double needle sewing machine a whole lot cheaper.

Shred_signs

Lost Member
Seeing that this unit is listed at $17,000 you need a large work load to be able to justify it. You can buy a Juki double needle sewing machine a whole lot cheaper.
A second sewn hems, they are fixable if something goes wrong. Welded banners not so much.

but

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
At $17,000 probably need a lot more banners than that a week lol
Really ?? Your average banner might be $150 to $200 ea..... times that times 20. That's $3,500 a week or $14,000 a month. Counting all your other incidentals, in banners alone, you could have that paid for in 3 months, but buying it used, I highly doubt the seller is selling it near full price.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
A second sewn hems, they are fixable if something goes wrong. Welded banners not so much.

but

i'd take a welder over a sewing machine for banners anyday.

It's easy using a banner welder, practice on scraps.

If OP can find one second hand, or look at a Hemtek ST. depending on volume.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Interesting. It looks like it really does cut your time down from hand taping. I do a lot of banners but most of them are just smaller quickies like 2'x4'. Quite a few of them are indoors and I don't hem them.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Place I originally retired from we sewed most. We started off welding, taping, or sewing depending on the situation, then replaced the single needle sewing machine we had with a two needle commercial machine, from then on almost everything was sewn. Sewn hems with that double stitch look fantastic, quick to do, and strong as heck. For seaming large banners together, it's one pass, done, and they'll never come apart. You can even sew nylon webbing into stuff like street banners instead of rope pockets, sew velcro for attaching. Of course we were more a display company, and did a lot of fabric banners. Plus stuff like table coverings, table runners, podium coverings, backdrops... Both welding and sewing are good, but personally I think a sewing machine gives you a little more versatility in what you can do, especially with fabric banners that fetch a premium price. Having both is even better.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
I used to have a Miller Weldmaster 112. Thing was awesome, but we were wholesale and did a couple of hundred banners a week.

JBurton

Signtologist
Interesting. It looks like it really does cut your time down from hand taping. I do a lot of banners but most of them are just smaller quickies like 2'x4'. Quite a few of them are indoors and I don't hem them.
About the only thing I bother hemming with banner tape is some windscreens I do for the softball team to match existing ones. Otherwise I'll order one in hemmed, or just back up my grommets with a small square of banner material on the back side.

Stacey K

I like making signs
About the only thing I bother hemming with banner tape is some windscreens I do for the softball team to match existing ones. Otherwise I'll order one in hemmed, or just back up my grommets with a small square of banner material on the back side.
I was wondering if everyone hemmed all their banners! I switched almost all my banners to 15oz and unless they are going outside for a period of time I don't bother hemming anymore either! I just did 35 last week for school, most go in the gym, a few outside for a couple months. The ones I did in Fall with no hem held up just fine so I didn't bother this time either.

The reason I switched to 15oz is because I'm sick of babysitting the printer with 13oz, it kept jamming up. I charge a bit more to cover the cost but make up for it in time saved babysitting and not hemming.