• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TCPIP in control panel

Drip Dry

Can someone guide me how to get to the TCPIP settings in control panel
I'm using a Versacam 540 V
We had the network crash and can't get the Roland to be seen after we fixed the network.
I'm thinking the tcpip setting is different now in Roland as compared to Flexi because that what happened with the HP

Thanks

netsol

how did you "fix the network"?
if the subnetting is the same you can download advanced ip scanner, scan the network, displaying all devices on the network, sort by manufacturer and find the current ip address of the roland

FrankW

As long as I remember, you cant set the Network settings through the printers control panel. You need a software to set it up. The printer was delivered with a tool, but the SEH Product Manager Utility should do the Job too (www.seh-technology.com)

Drip Dry

Download the advanced up scanner. One way or the other you need a piece of software
Thank you
I downloaded the ip scanner. Tried it at home since I'm not working today and it seems to be what I need
I'll try it tomorrow

Thanks All

netsol

if you need some assist, pm me. i will try to keep an eye on things
MY GUESS WOULD BE, you might be fine just matching the ip settings

if the printer shows a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx ip that means it doesn't have a functional address, but, we will deal with that if necessary

Drip Dry

if you need some assist, pm me. i will try to keep an eye on things
MY GUESS WOULD BE, you might be fine just matching the ip settings

if the printer shows a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx ip that means it doesn't have a functional address, but, we will deal with that if necessary
Thank You

FrankW

Is there just a way I can see what its set to. I could change it in flexi to match
No (except with software tools). And, if for example you have replaced your internet router who sends adresses of a different subnet (for example 192.168.1.xxx instead of 192.168.0.xxx) per DHCP, changing the IP-Adress in Flexi to match the printer will not work because your PC is in a different subnet.

You can check this by checking the IP-adress of your PC and comparing it with the one you have currently set in Flexi for the printer. If one or more of the first 3 number groups is different, you HAVE TO change the IP of your printer (or the DHCP-adress range in your router.

Drip Dry

No (except with software tools). And, if for example you have replaced your internet router who sends adresses of a different subnet (for example 192.168.1.xxx instead of 192.168.0.xxx) per DHCP, changing the IP-Adress in Flexi to match the printer will not work because your PC is in a different subnet.

You can check this by checking the IP-adress of your PC and comparing it with the one you have currently set in Flexi for the printer. If one or more of the first 3 number groups is different, you HAVE TO change the IP of your printer (or the DHCP-adress range in your router.
Ok so I downloaded the ip scanner and got the address from the printer. Set it in Flexi to match. Now I get can't open port message
I think it's a bit over my head so I think I'll have them bring in the network guy again

cornholio

There also is the ARP PING method, if you can't get hold of the Nettool software. There is a document describing it, that was supplied with the SP-540V.

FrankW

Ok so I downloaded the ip scanner and got the address from the printer. Set it in Flexi to match. Now I get can't open port message
I think it's a bit over my head so I think I'll have them bring in the network guy again
The network guy perhaps dont know how to set the printers IP. You should show him this thread.

netsol

so, what are the ip addresses?
what is the ip of your pc?
what is the ip of your printer?
are the first 9 digits of both the same?
can we ping the printer ip from the pc?

we need a bit more information in order to solve this.
if you know the ip address in flexi, your "network guy" can assign a second ip address to the pc, so it can exist in 2 subnets at the same time. (i have been a network consultantvfor over 30 years)

answer the above questions & this should be simply resolved.

netsol

i don't want to complicate your situation, but, the ip can be changed, withoutbthe tool, by anyone with minimal network experience.
if you choose to bring him back, he can also, simply "multihome" (add a second ip range to your network adapter so the pc can tslk to your printer)

to be clear, i am not suggesting that you mess with this (not a method for novices)
i am just pointing out that there are numerous simple ways to restore this problem

POST THE IP ADDRESSES

garyroy

Why not let NetSol log onto your computer with TeamViewer, set the IP addresses, see if it works, then PayPal him $75?

cornholio

Try this... now i'm at my PC with all the good old stuff;)

Attachments

• print server Instal.pdf
    456.8 KB · Views: 106
  • print_server_nettool_1.8.exe.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 66

Drip Dry

Why not let NetSol log onto your computer with TeamViewer, set the IP addresses, see if it works, then PayPal him $75?
Ok, so I'm retired from the company. The new owner asked me for help. I will ask if they are willing to have someone log in remote.
I'm sure it would be Ok

NETSOL... would you be willing to do what garyroy suggested ?