• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Teflon cutting strips for Graphtec

gabagoo

Ever notice that the cutting strips on Graphtecs always wear out down on the right bottom side where you cut most everything and the strip between 24 - 54" is perfect as you cut less up there. I found on my cutter you are forced to cut many things down near the origin point becaause you can't move the pinch roller past a certain point. My strip was in bad condition and I was waiting 3 weeks for a new one and figured I can cut everything up on the other half of the strip that is like new and looked underneath the cutter and there is simply a C ring that blocks the pinch roller from moving, so I grabbed a pair of plyers and took it off and I can cut anywhere on my strip now. Just say'n

signheremd

Why don't you just change the cut origin point - in your cut software at the bottom left is a box for this, shows a box with two arrows, arrow down and arrow right is normal, both arrows to sides centers the cut, arrow down and arrow left starts at the left corner of the material within the cut zone. This is all next to the little man image which lets you rotate your piece to cut. We have an FC9000 and an old, old 30" Graphtec. Works on both...

gabagoo

You probably could have turned you strip too.
you cant lift the strip and rotate it as it is basically a thin piece of whatever they are calling teflon with adhesive that seperates from the strip. I think that the seperation of the adhesive is actually why they wear out so fast. Even new strips the adhesive just does not want to stay on.