• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Temperature too low?

anozira02

After reinstalling main board back from repair, due to shorting cause by head cable. I also installed new head Carriage Board and new head cable, reinstalled print heads with new dampers, now I am getting the message Temperature too low in dialog window. I am not sure how to correct this problem, driving me nutz.. is this fixable?

anozira02

I installed new head cable and print head on the black side and still getting the Temperature too low error, so I gone into the service menu and managed to do a head cleaning and a scan, after that I pushed print test and just as it was going to lay some ink down on the vinyl it stopped with the error message saying Encoder Error,,Turn of power.

anozira02

I will check out the thermistor on head one tomorrow, to do that do I have to get into Service Mode? I also noticed the the LED does not lights up as well when printer powered up.

anozira02

Jack, I gone into service menu and the thermistor check sown 0.c and 32.F I did not see anywhere how to change that, also noticed that the LED light on the main board and head board do not come on when I power up..

GTSTech_1

Did you enter the correct head id (head rank)for the new printhead? You mentioned you replaced a repaired main board, chances whoever did the repair removed the battery from the board, perhaps the repaired board is missing some of the parameters (should have uploaded them before removing), and you'll have to manually input the missing parameters. LED light on mainboard and printcarriage board not lighting up could mean a bad servo board, or bad power supply or another component on the Mainboard is bad.

Joey Alonso

GTSTech_1

anozira02

GSTech, Thanks for your help! When the printer shorted out it did blown the fuse on the power supply board, guess it could of done some other damage on that board itself. Also when I changed the head I did go into the the service menu and tried to change the left head ranking but it did not let me go back to the first digit to make the change, it started out on the second digit. I may have to have someone to trouble shoot the main board again. MacMedia could not test the main board cause they mostly have newer printers, they did not have a Cj to test it on. By the way,, do you work on these boards by any chance?