• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Temporary one-sided sign

phototec

New to the business, customer requested a 4'x8' temporary one-sided sign to be placed at building site, what would be the best way to make the skid base sign and what should I use for the background (white) with applied vinyl text, sign board?

He wants the top of the sign to be 8' above the ground.

Thanks for any positive help!

Photos would be great.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Between materials and labor.... the base will probably cost you more than the sign itself. Hope your customer is ready for that.

Why don't you just use a banner.

petesign

Between materials and labor.... the base will probably cost you more than the sign itself. Hope your customer is ready for that.

What he said. Get you some cheap posts from Home Depot.

Most temporary building site signs I do are 10 mm coroplast. You can install them cheaply with three fenceposts from your local farm store. Builders want to save money by installing themselves much of the time.

phototec

That sounds like a good idea, however there is no place to hang it.

The customer is building a RV & boat storage facility, right now it's just a empty lot, but he wants a temp sign so people can know what is going to be at the location and a phone number so they can start booking the stalls.

He just wanted a large one-sided 4'x8' sign on skids and the top 8" above the ground, so it could be seen over a berm between it and the road.

I was thinking of making it out of treated 4"x4" posts 8' long with kind of a skid base to keep if from blowing over. I'm not real sure what I could use for the main 4x8 white area, 1/2" thick sign board, does it come already painted white?

How wide should the base skid be to keep the sign from blowing over?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

J Hill Designs

like so - and I usually anchor the skids w/pounded in stakes or I guess sandbags...

Attachments

• tmp_skids.jpg
    tmp_skids.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 113

J Hill Designs

I would just use signply...you could use coro, but the structure would have to be more robust, as usually the signply board helps to stabilize it...

phototec

I would just use signply...you could use coro, but the structure would have to be more robust, as usually the signply board helps to stabilize it...

jhilldesigns,

Thanks for the info, can I ask you another question, based on the drawing and the use of signply, with applied 651 vinyl (see text below), what would your ball park price be, delivered to the site?

Name,

RV Boat Storage

Opening Soon!

Open Covered and Garaged Stalls