• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Text in a container

ChiknNutz

Will Corel 9 make text fill a container? Not just follow a contour or curve, but actually fill up something like an oval of other closed shape like that. I think that v11 will do it, but will v9 do it and if so, how? Thanks in advance!

Chris

idsign

Envelope

Chris,

I use version 7 so this tool should still exist in 8,9,10,11

Under the EFFECTS dialog, chose ENVELOPE

Highlight the text, handles showing, regular text or converted to curves or other imported vector will work.

Use Eyedropper tool to select a shape from the presets or create your own.

Click to apply. Here are samples.

Barry

Attachments

• envelope.jpg
    envelope.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 203

idsign

And the job just walked in the door

Chris,

My trucking buddy who loves anything and everything "Har-Lee" wanted his truck USDOT numbers in a cool design.

Envelope effect in Corel exported to .ai $65 in under an hour applied to his (2) 16 x 20 stainless steel that cost him $30.

Barry

Again, rush the photos and no set place to take studio quality of finished work. That HAS to change!

Attachments

• pgt.jpg
    pgt.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 187

ChiknNutz

Perfect, thanks for the tip. That's just what I wanted to do. I finally figured it out, but still don't know what some of the different settings are intended for w/o just playing with it a lot.

TC49010

I am at this point of learning corel Draw 9 as well and I think I have got the in container down pretty good but Barry said you could use a pre-set or create your own. What is used to create your own? Are you talking about your own graphic imported? I am trying to figure out how this was made and have looked and read all over and cant figure it out.
I know its got to be something simple!
Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• Layouts_09.jpg
    Layouts_09.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 164

WVB

I am really surprised you are actually using the bar and shield....... I have so many who come in wanting the bar and shield but with different text. I turn them down due to copyrights with Harley Davidson.

I know Ilustrator has the envelope command so am I to assume it can be done as easily with it too?

TC49010

Thanks! That was easy!! I drew an oval under the word to help with keeping it even. I attached a screen shot for others as well!

Trixie

Attachments

• newpreset.jpg
    newpreset.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 129

iSign

TVG said:
I am really surprised you are actually using the bar and shield....... I have so many who come in wanting the bar and shield but with different text. I turn them down due to copyrights with Harley Davidson.

I know Ilustrator has the envelope command so am I to assume it can be done as easily with it too?

I just tell them I'm not allowed to do it :wink:
& I'm even more not allowed to charge them $65 :wink:
& I really couldn't afford to be seen doing it :wink:
...but.... if they did give me $65... & look the other way... :wink:

PMG

I tell them i cant charge them for the logo ,that i will give it to them for personal use,but the catch is there is a min.$75.00 cover charge to get in the door!!!!,and i also put on the receipt TERM OF USE FREE , NO WARRANTIES FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY........ NO COMMERCIAL USE!!!

Bigdawg

Just Me
I may just be a chicken - but we turn down all copyright logos - including requests for the Harley shield. I am just not sure doing it like you do Pro-Motion would still cover my rear end. The odds are that we would never be busted but just in case I want to be sure.