• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Liquor Control Board of Ontario has a new 500,00.00 logo

royster13

Attachments

• LCBO.jpg
    LCBO.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 228

jtinker

Owner
lol this wreaks of kickbacks.
Either the person that did it is a family member of friend. Or its the same guy with a company and hes pocketing all of it and giving them a crap logo. Happens all the time over here.

CanuckSigns

Ridiculous! They are a state run monopoly, they could spend exactly $0 on marketing and it would not affect them one bit!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No matter how you look at it, that's a whole bunch of loonies........

wayne k
guam usa

genericname

Granted, the previous slogan was terrible, but $500k? That money would've been better served lobbying the government to dismantle the monopoly of The Beer Store.

Also, "some people" saw the logo as being grapes? People see Jesus in toast. Big deal.

Marlene

where to hell are we when they are handing out $500,000.00 for a set of four stock letters with a swirl thrown in? I would have only charged them $499,000.00 for that

Jwalk

Our beer store just did a re-branding too. I guess they had to keep up with them. I could of did that for a whole lot less. Bureaucracy:frustrated:

Craig Sjoquist

Must of been alot of deep thought into that, (pay off) geez wonders why a government agency needs to even advertise a control board

peavey123

I love the "B"! How'd they get it to look so fiiiineeee?......Whoever designed that is my idol. Sorry Joe Diaz you just got bumped.

This is a good reason why politics needs to change. I never got a chance to vote on whether or not LCBO should spend $500,000 on a new logo. No one said anything to me. What we need an online voting app. That's so simple anyone can use it. Only options are: Yes, No or Hang whoever put this in motion.

peavey123

Must of been alot of deep thought into that, (pay off) geez wonders why a government agency needs to even advertise a control board

Because the LCBO is our liquor store. It's the only place you can buy liquor actually. Then we have another government run store called "the beer store". You can't buy beer or liquor anywhere else basically.

It's the reason a 2-4 of Molson Canadian up here is $35-40 but if I go down to buffalo I can get 32 Canadian for $20. Makes sense right? lol

CanuckSigns

Because the LCBO is our liquor store. It's the only place you can buy liquor actually. Then we have another government run store called "the beer store". You can't buy beer or liquor anywhere else basically.

It's the reason a 2-4 of Molson Canadian up here is $35-40 but if I go down to buffalo I can get 32 Canadian for $20. Makes sense right? lol

Without taking this into a political direction, I have no issue with the price of alcohol here, it helps pay for healthcare and other social services, if there wasn't such heavy taxes on booze and tobacco, my taxes would go up, at least this way it's not compulsory, no one is forcing me to drink or smoke.

What i have a problem with is a government run "business" spending this kind of money on a new logo, even if it was the greatest logo anyone has ever seen, it's not needed as there is no competition to differentiate them from!

player

I think The Beer Store and lcbo are actually privately owned. The Beer Store is fore sure.

Ediit: The lcbo is owned by the gov't of Ontario but has 219 private franchise stores.

The Beer Store is the trading name for Brewers Retail, a privately owned chain of retail outlets selling beer and other malt beverages in the province of Ontario, Canada, founded in 1927. Owned at its inception by a consortium of Ontario-based brewers, subsequent national and international consolidation has resulted in control now being shared by three multinational brewing companies, two foreign owned and one which is 50% controlled by non-Canadian interests.

CanuckSigns

I think the beer store and lcbo are actually privately owned. The beer store is fore sure.

Beer store is privately owner by Brewers Retail, which is owned by Molson, Labatts & Sleemans, none of which are Canadian companies anymore.

LCBO is 100% government owned and operated