• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The method produce wallpaper prints?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
This will sound very newbie...
But we've been getting a little more requests to print wallpaper.

I have a roll of low tack wallpaper that an easy install. It's thick, so you dont need to overlap them as you can but them together nicely.
its roughly 1300mm wide
I would generally just pre cut lengths, say 3 lengths of 2m long. i'll put them on the UV flatbed and print edge to edge. So they join easily but it's a bit of a process when i need to print a bunch of it

So if i where to put it on a roll to roll, would you print it say 1200mm with 50mm blank on each side for example and somehow trim the sides?
What's the go to - appropriate method?
Hope this makes scene,

TIA.

danno

We have printed a few rolls of wall paper lately. We are using a HP L560. I wrote a custom profile, and when we print, we have a minimum of the colour bar on the side edges. After the printing has completed, we roll it out on the table and hand trim with our long straight edge. We usually .375" overlap on the panels at the request of the installer. We do have one installer that requests 1". Top an bottom of panels are usually 1-2" overlap based on installer also. Not sure if that helps, we have had good luck doing it that way.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I went to a demo once so take from that what you will, but they gave an extra 1” overlap on each print (this method puts more emphasis on the installer being good than anything else).

So basically they throw the first panel up, then put the second panel on top, heavily over panel 1 (by around an inch). Once that’s lined up they get a straight edge and just go straight down between the overlapping part, doesn’t *really* matter where as long as it’s on the overlap and kept straight. Take the excess away and you have a perfectly butted up print.

was actually really quick and easy, they let us try it and 9/10 people there (who were by no means installers) got a perfect seam. Saved time on the printing side as you don’t need everything perfectly lined up, and didn’t take long to install either.

MikePro

i do my zero-overlap seams on the wall.
double-layer of painter's tape pre-laid down the middle (faux-cutting strip, protects the wall)
apply both tiles utilizing overlap to align, and then a single-cut through both of the layers with a fresh knife blade & straightedge.

peel-open/apart, remove the tape&excess wallgraphic, and the seam should perfectly butt against itself when laid back down.

*this method also provides the additional benefits of protecting the edges of your graphic from being banged around during transport/setup AND keeps you from having to fight your tiles to stay perfectly against the butt-seam during install.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
excellent. The media we use is thick so overlap looks silly. The stuff is low tack. But we dont install them, purely designed for clients to install.
So it seems that leaving some little material on the sides and just trim them off with a long straight edge is the go

Lindsey

Not A New Member
What are some of the preferred wallpaper substrates?

Kim.

For actual wallpaper (no adhesive...need to use wallpaper paste):
Dreamscape (comes in lot's of versions...but some are UV print only. There's Luster, Matte, Canvas, Bling, Mystical, Plaster, Suede, Pique, Criss-cross, Silk, Pearl, and a few more)
https://www.dreamscapewalls.com/texture-gallery/

For PSA (adhesive) materials:

Dreamscape Wallwraps series
https://www.dreamscapewalls.com/info-wallwraps/

Avery: MPI 8000 Series, MP1 2611, MPI 2631, MPI 2630, MPI 1405
https://graphics.averydennison.eu/en/home/applications/general-signage/indoor-signage.html

General Formulations: Graphitex, Wallmark, Roughmark
http://www.generalformulations.com/Products/Digital-Media/Print-Film/?categoryname=Wall

Drytac, Neenah, and Metamark make some nice wall films too.