• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

the paint brush is not working in flexi, can you help me?

angel

hi, im new to this web site and honestly about a third grader in flexi sign pro 10! im not doing bad but no matter what i do i cant seem to make the paint brush work! i need to fill in a few gaps in my art work and i would paint them and as soon as i let loose of the mouse button the color would disappear! i even tried it on the white background and it did the same thing. i cant find anywhere in the help or online to explain what im doing wrong.... can anyone help please??? :banghead:

angel

thank you Cali!! i hope this site proves to be a great help for me!! the boss is really getting agitated! thank God he is also my friend or i might be getting fired soon! lol

thewood

hi, im new to this web site and honestly about a third grader in flexi sign pro 10! im not doing bad but no matter what i do i cant seem to make the paint brush work! i need to fill in a few gaps in my art work and i would paint them and as soon as i let loose of the mouse button the color would disappear! i even tried it on the white background and it did the same thing. i cant find anywhere in the help or online to explain what im doing wrong.... can anyone help please??? :banghead:

The paintbrush only works on raster artwork. You must select the raster object to be edited before the bitmap editing tools (including the paintbrush) can be used.

Can you tell us the steps you are using?

angel

thanks for the welcoming's!! yes, i brought in a jpg and did a "transparent" on it. there was a few spots that i wanted to clean up by adding color and thats when i clicked on the paintbrush. i set my color, clicked on the few pixels that i wanted to color and the color appeared. then within a second it disappeared. but also when i clicked ON a color with the paintbrush and did my sweep across the empty pixels then the ones that were all ready colored that i clicked on, well they disappeared then too.
now today i was trying to add color to a clipart, picked my color, clicked on the area that i wanted colored with the paintbrush and although i had picked red it colored it black. so i tried several times and got the same result. so i picked pink and it colored the area white. i gave up. closed it down and came out to check this post....... this is soooooooooooo aggravating!!!

angel

i even rebooted my machine, restarted flexi twice and i just tried it again, clicked rasterize, then picked my color, picked the paint bucket, clicked where i wanted it colored and it turned the area black. so i tried it again and same result. so i tried the paint brush, pink color picked and it turned the area black. i just dont get it but would love it if you could help me out!!!!

Drip Dry

Click on the bitmap. Get the paintbrush tool. Now click on the color you want.
It's important to click on the color swatch at the bottom of the screen. You can not pick a color from Fill central. Click and drag on the image to fill in the color