• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Royal Wedding

Steve C.

That's a real exciting event right there....yawwwwwwwwnnnnnn....
I find it fascinating that anyone cares outside the Royal Family.

HaroldDesign

You bet your ass I did. I haven't really slept in days. Weddings are stressful. I'm so glad it's over. It's not easy to be part of something that has absolutely nothing to do with one's self. It takes an exhausting mental demeanor.

HaroldDesign

I heard the soundtrack will be for sale by noon on i-Tunes. I really can't wait. This is the best Friday ever! It will be available in May on disc. I already ordered my copies. I will have a valuable piece of history. I intend to open one, and keep several others unopened to pass down through generations as a family heirloom. If someone down the line finds themselves in a tough spot they can sell one to a museum and still have another to keep.

Jane Diaz

I have always felt a minor connection to the Windsors in that Charles & Di were wed on my 30th birthday, William was born the day after Ben's birthday and today, William & Kate were married on the anniversary of Bill & my first date! ALL good days for BOTH families!
We were up at 3, my husband made ME an awesome breakfast and he scored major points (for later, you know....):loveya:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'll bet the Royal Family is thinking along those same lines, Jane......... :Oops:

signswi

I vaguely recall something about a war that meant I don't have to care about the monarchy anymore. Plus who wants to watch a wedding when you don't even get free food or cake.
:help

I watched about 10 minutes of it this morning until the wife left for work then I was able to change the channel to some real news.
Funny lookin hats on all the old ladies thats for sure!

CanuckSigns

I watched some of it at breakfast this morning, i'm not all that into the royal family, but William will be our king one day so I guess we have a bit more riding on it.

TheSnowman

My wife has been talking it up forever...and she got up at 5:00 and watched it. I didn't really care about it much, but I've had the news on all day, and this really is quite a cool thing to watch. We hardly ever have "good news" on, and this is something that's nice to hear about.

The saddest part to me is looking at our own country after seeing theirs. You know we'd have protesters out somewhere, and all kinds of loony's running around. They all just supported it, loved on the family, and were one nation. Like I said, worst part of it is seeing how selfish and uncaring our country would be in the same situation.

"Deposit Please"

Woke up this morning..turned on tv to see weather forecast for today and all i got was this play with 2 characters in costumes riding in a horse carriage trying to live some fairytale..... that's just fantasy. There are much more important events going on around us.

Steve C.

America and the Royal Wedding? Poll Says “Who Cares”
April 24th, 2011

Hundreds of thousands of dollars are being spent to send hundreds of TV reporters from networks and local TV stations to London this week for the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Even cable has jumped on the bandwagon as CNN, the so called news leader, has Anderson Cooper getting a crash course in royal etiquette for his part in the royal union coverage.

Prince William Commemorative Plate

Unfortunately, in true news media fashion, they all seem to have it wrong. According to a New York Times/CBS poll, only 6% of us in this country are following this event “very closely” while most of us in the States don’t care.

According to the poll, only 22% are following this thing “somewhat closely” and the majority of people with any interest in the wedding are older women. Yes the same women who are no longer watching soap operas find themselves in the “who cares” category for this wedding, And given the death of the daytime genre over the past few years should we expect limited interest in this event?

Well, yeah!

Men? Ha, ha,ha, ha ha. Men could give two cents about this event. 50% of men are not following this thing at all but wouldn’t we all like to meet the men who are in to this, as the poll asks, “very closely?” With the NBA Playoffs, the NHL Playoffs and baseball all going on this week along with the NFL draft, there’s going to be a ton of conflict for the television remote.

Get the DVR’s ready! Or make sure there’s a flat screen in the living room and the bedroom. Cause the coverage this week will be wall to wall Prince William and Kate.

From realtvcritics.com
http://www.realtvcritics.com/reviews/america-and-the-royal-wedding-poll-says-who-cares/

signswi

My wife has been talking it up forever...and she got up at 5:00 and watched it. I didn't really care about it much, but I've had the news on all day, and this really is quite a cool thing to watch. We hardly ever have "good news" on, and this is something that's nice to hear about.

The saddest part to me is looking at our own country after seeing theirs. You know we'd have protesters out somewhere, and all kinds of loony's running around. They all just supported it, loved on the family, and were one nation. Like I said, worst part of it is seeing how selfish and uncaring our country would be in the same situation.

Yeah it's a shame when people participate in a democracy, I agree, monarchy is "cleaner". :peace!::scream:

Flame

Yay, 2 people on the other side of the country got married. I'd watch the local mayors wedding before his. Even if this guy becomes King, who cares? It ain't my country! And the King/Queen of England is hardly more than a title anymore, they aren't even the decision makers in that country.

signmeup

The Brits sure know how to do pomp and circumstance.

I was in Westminster Abbey once and it is the most impressive building by far that I have ever been in. It is absolutely fabulous. TV does it no justice. You feel like a speck inside there. I doubt it could even be built today.
Just looked it up... the building in its present form dates back over 600 years. They must have built it with planks and ropes!

CanuckSigns

Yeah it's a shame when people participate in a democracy, I agree, monarchy is "cleaner". :peace!::scream:

I don't think that is what he was getting at. I think it's true, if this happened tomorrow in the USA (or Canada for that matter) there would be so many protesters/special interest groups using it as a soapbox for whatever agendas they may have.

It is nice to see an entire country come together and celebrate something as a nation, I can't think of a single celebration we have that brings our entire country together.

Plus it's nice to see something positive in the news rather than a shooting/rape/murder/scandal

:thumb:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Yay, 2 people on the other side of the country got married. I'd watch the local mayors wedding before his. Even if this guy becomes King, who cares? It ain't my country! And the King/Queen of England is hardly more than a title anymore, they aren't even the decision makers in that country.

Not quite just a title. The queen, or king depending on just how the person might be equipped, of England is the head of state. This is an official and influential, and sometimes powerful, office. The prime minister is the chief executive.

In the USofA both the head of state and the chief executive is one person, the inept Obama. Assuming that other nations vest both duties in one person is being rather provincial.