• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The VP models come and gone, why?

34Ford

Can anyone tell me when the VP models came out, and when did it stop?
The SP models been out longer, right?

I know where a VP540 is for 10k but before I call him I was wondering what happened to the VP's?
Do you feel they were a good reason to stop building them or should Roland kept them going?

Jim Hill

I am not sure about the VP models but my old SP-300 works like a charm everyday.

After two years of service I had to start changing some parts like the cap tops, wipers, scrapper and a few other items but other then that the printer is really a fantastic printer.

Jim

34Ford

I finally found a bit of history on the VP models and they were apparently high performance printers for a few years.

Now I see the SPi models are using the VP plastic cases.

Finding used SP or VP here in N.C. is not to good. Most are 300 to 500 miles away.

http://www.rolanddg.com/news/index.html

Hamamatsu, Japan, April 3, 2007 – Roland DG Corporation today added two new high-performance models to its best-selling VersaCAMM ECO-SOL MAX inkjet printer/cutter line – the 30" VP-300 and 54" VP-540.

Hamamatsu, Japan. January 7, 2005. Roland DG Corporation, the industry leader in integrated print/cut technology, today introduced the VersaCAMM SP-300V, a 4-color, 30-inch-wide ECO-SOL INK printer/cutter for both outdoor & indoor applications. Designed for easy operation, the SP-300V builds on VersaCAMM innovation with the addition of Roland VersaWorks™, Roland's own powerful color management software RIP.

Hamamatsu, Japan. September 1, 2004. Roland DG Corporation today introduced the VersaCAMM SP-540V, a 4-color, 54" wide ECO-SOL INK printer/cutter.

Gene@mpls

We started with a SP-300 and it is a great printer- we had trouble mostly
with the encoder strip and its reader. We then bought a VP-540 and it has
been bulletproof for 4 years. We print a lot for a sign shop (I think) and do
no printing for anyone else. I have only changed the wipers and cap tops-
and only because I thought it might be time- not to fix a problem. The SPs
were (not sure about now) 2 head printers and the VPs are 4 head- hence
the greater performance. Should also mention that neither printer ever
tasted Roland ink- only Triangle since new- and I removed the flip up
cover on the VP from day one- and have never even cleaned the encoder
strip on this one. Print test still looks like it did on day one. Gene