• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thermal Laminate for Membership / Loyalty Cards

IggyM

Hi All

I'm trying to find a good combination of materials to make loyalty/membership card types of products.

My goal is to use 10mil Synthetic Paper (Teslin or Synaps XM or similar) and print on it with a digital press.

And then laminate on both sides with 10mil clear to get a total of 30mil thickness, and then die cut to final size.

The biggest issue I'm currently getting is that I am unable to find a good thermal laminate that will not peel easily.

Does anybody know of a good brand/model of thermal roll laminates for this application that can recommend?

Thanks

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
It's PSA not thermal, but Substance has some really nice 10mil and 15mil laminates that you might consider.

Sindex Printing

I did something close for control panels that had buttons that pushed on the back side so it wasn't 30 mil think. I printed on a digital press 14 mil synthetic and cold laminated it with a 2 mil laminate, a mounting adhesive on the back then laser cut to the exact shape. I did prototype one with a thicker substance laminate and one with ppf film and the it was very ridgid.
The biggest thing I face was the amount of static the synthetic stock keeps after running them digital I had to wait for a while to get the static to dissipate before laminating.

The only reason I did it was it was a low quantity and the customer needing them for prototypes that were going for testing.

Have you considered outsourcing it to someone like stouse or Silk cards?

netsol

It's PSA not thermal, but Substance has some really nice 10mil and 15mil laminates that you might consider.
doesn't thermal encapsulate better, when you are doing double sided?
or is this not an issue?
we do some 2 sided lamination for a couple friends with wide format printers, but no matching laminator
i often think, if this was an important product for me, i would rather have the edges perfectly sealed