• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thermal Transfer Printer

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
I have done a search. I have a customer who is looking for a long term graphic for outdoor display. I am looking for a thermal transfer printer ( someone who wants me to pay them to print it, not buy the machine)

We are going to put the image on the backside of acrylic and make a fancy stand.

Thanks for the help.

natedawg9640

You could print the image in reverse on clear vinyl, laminate it with white vinyl and apply to the acrylic. Or... a flatbed UV would be a wonderful option.

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
The image will be somewhere between max a 4x4ft sign. Going back and forth with customer in stage 1 right now of Q&A.

1) I am not crazy about using the eco-solvent for this job.
2)I thought flatbed ink tends to flake off after 4 years.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While thermal resin is longer lasting, you're only gonna get a year or two more than inkjet for outdoor usage. Also, I'm not really sure of the output capabilities from thermal as being very crisp.

Properly printed flatbed second surface reverse on clear, backed up with white acrylic will look very nice and be very easy to do. With the print being on the inside, the elements can't really do anything to it.