• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Think of it this way....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I wondered how bad is 80,000 people a day getting the coronavirus. If it held at 80,000/day it would take over 11 years to infect everyone in the United States. Makes me think the spread isn't that fast..but I duno. Something to think about.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The U.S. has currently had almost three times the number dead from Covid as we had from the entire Vietnam war. We have already lost a little over 1/3 in deaths to Covid as the U.S. lost in World War 2 (405,399). In addition, we are just beginning to see the numbers on people suffering major organ damage who haven't died. Any way one looks at it, I don't want any part of it nor would I want to acquire it and give it to anybody else.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
There is a 1000 people a day moving to Texas, and most are immigrants now. Before that they were people from the North or California mostly.... you would think at that rate, states like CA or Ohio, with that many people leaving on a regular basis, would be empty by now!
Think about that!
I came here years ago to get away from the rude yanks.
Now they come here and bring their rude nasty habits with them.
As do the left coasters!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There is a 1000 people a day moving to Texas, and most are immigrants now. Before that they were people from the North or California mostly.... you would think at that rate, states like CA or Ohio, with that many people leaving on a regular basis, would be empty by now!
Think about that!
I came here years ago to get away from the rude yanks.
Now they come here and bring their rude nasty habits with them.
As do the left coasters!

And this has what to do with the topic of this thread?

Andy D

I keep flip flopping on this... Problem is I know a person who was going to get tested for Covid, but the wait was too long so they left... A week later they got a letter saying they tested positive.
Another family my wife knows had the father die of cancer, and it said he died of Covid on the death certificate.

This Nurse went "under cover" and recorded a bunch of sketchy stuff...
Apparently hospitals are making $26k
everytime they put someone on a ventilator & they're putting people on them without testing.

Signed Out

Daily new cases doesn't really tell the story. You have to look at daily deaths. The rate of testing is all over the place. In the beginning there were hardly any tests, now there are an abundance and a lot more people getting tested. And a lot of those tests are antibody, which means they could have been infected months ago. There is also the inaccuracy of the tests, and inefficiency of the testing process, ie. people getting positive results who never took the test...

Daily deaths is the more telling statistic because many more people likely have or have had the virus than have been tested. But everybody who dies gets tested. The death numbers are still showing higher than they actually are because many deaths are being attributed to Covid that shouldn't be. I have a friend who's mother passed recently and they wrote it up as Covid, even though she died of pneumonia, which she's been in and out of the hospital 4 times since last September. Not everybody who dies and has recently had covid, dies from covid, but it gets counted that way.

The daily death numbers are a lagging indicator as it takes on average 10-20 days to die after contracting covid, if you are part of the <.05% death rate . But I think it is the much more accurate stat to judge the severity of the virus.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You can argue and split hairs over testing numbers, death percentages, degree of symptoms etc etc. You can’t argue away the number of deaths, the high rate of spread and the anount of people hospitalized with it. As already said, we are juat seeing the beginning of the long term problems. Personally, its not the virus that worries me, its the potential for having a stroke, organ failure, neurological dysfunction or anything that pops up 20 years from now.

Notarealsignguy

I keep flip flopping on this... Problem is I know a person who was going to get tested for Covid, but the wait was too long so they left... A week later they got a letter saying they tested positive.
Another family my wife knows had the father die of cancer, and it said he died of Covid on the death certificate.

everytime they put someone on a ventilator & they're putting people on them without testing.

With all due respect, none of this is true. Think about what youre promoting here. No doctor, who is a salaried employee, is risking their career to make a hospital more money and going to straight up lie about something thats easily disproven. There is also no set price for procedures. Most hospitals, if not all, are testing all admitted patients for the safety of the staff. Another thing is the majority of doctors are not employed directly by the hospital. They work there full time but they are usually employed by a group that is seperate.
I have also read this exact same thing multiple times on facebook.

visual800

The Rona was created and is being used to jack up our nation. The death totals you hear are lies. The inaccurate deaths, the false reportings and the media spin is all one large plan to scare. Just ignore it. Stop watching the news and carry on with your life.

If you in fact are a person that is freaking out and refuse to go in public without your precious mask on, I respect that. That is your feelings about it and your opinion. I certainly cannot control how you feel about it

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

I try not to get political about this stuff, but my wife is an DNP. Not testing was standard practice for a while because they didn't have enough testing supplies. If the test can't be performed, the next best thing is the Doctor's assessment. Someone going on a ventilator needs to have "Droplet Protection" because they are at serious risk if they catch anything else. Putting someone on a vent is a very very serious thing. Doctors don't just throw them on one for a little shortness of breath.

Most hospital systems around the country and suffering greatly from this pandemic. It's nearly impossible for them to know when their ICU beds will fill, so they have been keeping entire floors open. In order to do that, they lose out on huge amount of revenue from all the elective surgeries people do all year long.

This whole thing sucks. No one is truly winning long term from it - unless you consider the experience we're getting to fight something even more deadly.

Don't overthink it. Wear your mask, wash your hands, social distance, and support your local small businesses.

rossmosh

March around this time, Corona hit the US. We've been dealing with this for approximately 4 months. We know facts at this point.

The fact is, doing the right thing (social distancing, wearing a mask, washing your hands regularly, not gathering in low groups, testing regularly) slows/stops the transmission of Corona virus. Do these things, and life will normalize. Sure, maybe you'll have to continue wearing a mask in certain situations and washing your hands a bit more often, but honestly, why is this such a big deal?

Or we can continue on our current path. We can be half in. Barely following the rules. The result? High Corona risk and high government involvement and regulation.

It's really that simple kids. So decide what you want. Do you want the world to normalize or do you want to keep things the way they are today?

Stacey K

I like making signs

The only person in my county that died from it actually died from an overdose. And I know that because I'm friends with his niece. My son's friend is on heart medication, when he went to refill his prescription it said "COVID related" on it. He's been taking the pills for years. He didn't notice it until he got home but was WILD and was planning to follow up the next morning.

Surely there are people dying. How many of us took all the free money we could get because of Covid? You think hospitals aren't doing the same thing? LMAO - of course they are!!!

We all do it...every time you file taxes you use the gray area to get as many kick backs as you legally can. Many of these hospitals are doing the same thing...COVID = $$$

I should say that I am respectful of others and keep my distance and wear a mask when required. My son was able to have graduation last night. Mask required until it was over...maybe 20% of the people kept it on.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's bad, no doubt about it. Whether you think it is or isn't, is entirely up to you and your loved ones on how you go about things.

My only request is, while I respect your feelings towards it, please respect mine. Don't make me succumb to your wishes without respecting mine. It might be tough for families to get together or people do things, but if you're like-minded, do as you wish. There are so many flaws to everyone's thinking or take on how things should be, so until we get a real handle on it, just take it easy and stay safe. :unclesam:

Andy D

With all due respect, none of this is true. Think about what youre promoting here. No doctor, who is a salaried employee, is risking their career to make a hospital more money and going to straight up lie about something thats easily disproven. There is also no set price for procedures. Most hospitals, if not all, are testing all admitted patients for the safety of the staff. Another thing is the majority of doctors are not employed directly by the hospital. They work there full time but they are usually employed by a group that is seperate.
I have also read this exact same thing multiple times on facebook.

All good points, but I honestly think the numbers in America are being inflated for some reason...
If so, probably for political reasons.

Notarealsignguy

All good points, but I honestly think the numbers in America are being inflated for some reason...
If so, probably for political reasons.
But all of the math points to them being pretty accurate when you look at hospitalizations, deaths, spread etc. We have enough worldwide data to confirm this. It always seems that the ones that argue the numbers are inflated are the same ones that keep saying that it isn't a big deal and millions have it with no symptoms. You cant have it both ways.

BobM

This whole country is in turmoil because the left hates the right, the right hates the left, both politically and personally. The rest of us can't express an opinion without being labeled a hater.
Time for self serving politicians of both sides to shut up and do what they were elected to do stop all the "get me re-elected bull s". We are a much better and stronger country than this.
Lets get to facts, get the testing done, get vaccine developed and distributed and get back to our normal American lives.

Notarealsignguy

It's bad, no doubt about it. Whether you think it is or isn't, is entirely up to you and your loved ones on how you go about things.

My only request is, while I respect your feelings towards it, please respect mine. Don't make me succumb to your wishes without respecting mine. It might be tough for families to get together or people do things, but if you're like-minded, do as you wish. There are so many flaws to everyone's thinking or take on how things should be, so until we get a real handle on it, just take it easy and stay safe. :unclesam:
I don't ever cram things down people's throat and actually like listening to opposing viewpoints. What drives me crazy though is people making up fake scenarios and info to try to make an argument. The data is the data, nobody stands to gain ANYTHING by lying about it and as this gets worse (real or perceived) everyone loses. I just ask that if people want to debate their actions, grow some stones and own your rationale rather than use fake garbage as an excuse. Seek the truth rather than confirmation.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hate to say it, but the data is so frickin' biased it ain't even funny. THAT I can prove personally. You need to know who is conducting this data research, who is processing it and who is gaining from it. There was a time when this research was conducted by organizations who had nothing to gain one way or the other. Not any more. That information is now for sale..... and the people buying it will pick and choose what they want and RE-present it to make THEIR point(s). It's just like the fake news and the rest of the country. No one cares about the looting, rioting or so-called peaceful demonstrations...... until it comes to their neighborhood.

I now know of quite a few people who have dies from this covid19 stuff. Some took weeks and some just a week and a half til it was all over. Sad. The threat of rioting is coming to our city. They're actually advertising for it on the news. It's crazy. Some nutjob was riding a kid's bike up and down the aisles of a local Walmart. While knocking into merchandise and slightly hitting people, they workers asked the guy to stop and then started getting adamant to the point of getting management out and the guy kept going. However, his answers were foul and derogatory with mostly bleeped out language. Finally the local Police were called and handled themselves quite well and finally got the guy to stop. He was arrested for endangerment and some other minor things. Now, the whole BLM wants to boycott all the Walmarts, burn the Police station down and their advertising for help..... on the radio. Now, I'm getting p!ssed. They better not pull the sh@!t on me they did to that couple out in St Louis.