• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking about buying a valujet

heyskull

Hello all this is my first post on this site.

I am currently thinking about buying a valujet 64".
This a rebranded machine called a Uniform Lancer.
This is a link to it.
http://www.graphicsystems.bplightbrigade.com/printers/uniform_lancer_g2_bundle.asp

I am a small sign company in the UK.
I am being offered by this company an absolutley fantastic deal which includes:-

64" Printer complete with 1 full set of Eco Ultra Inks.
Take up System
Ultima Plotter
Laminator
Troop RIP
Workstation (PC)
On site set up and training.
200 Metres of media.

All for £16,000

I just wanted to know what you people thought of the deal.
I have had use over the last 4 months of a friends Mimaki JV3 and was impressed with it on the whole. The only problem was sometimes banding was an issue.

The company that is selling this machine has successfully converted rolands Versacamm to run on full solvent inks.
And are on with converting the Valuejet to run full solvent inks.

I have read on here that there a lot of you using the valuejet.
Just wanted to know if this was a deal not worth missing.

Sean

MobileImpact

banding is an issue on ALL printers. It is part of the nature of the beast. And yes the value-jet will band even with the waves. Its a matter of conditions, heat, humidity and printer maintenance. As far as the deal, if your happy go for it. Just make sure you get top notch support from whoever is rebranding the Mutoh.

Kevin

heyskull

Anyone got an opinion on these 2 offers?
Sorry for the rush but the Mutoh deal is finishing on Friday.

Sean

gsmigel

Hey, if you didnt get the response you needed yet, do a search on that printer and see what you find. Im new too but there is so much useful info on here if ya look for it. Good luck with the printer.

S

Sign-Man Signs

We own a Mutoh. No problems for the past year. Good machine.

Urban Image

Great printer. You'll be happy with it and that's a great price tag. Set-up and training costs can vary depending on location but our customers usually get it for $1,500 if purchased separately from the machine. That brings it to about...

64" Printer & Cutter Combo ----- $28,995
Take-Up System --------------- Included
Laminator --------------------- $6,995*
RIP Software ------------------ $1,995**
Computer System ------------- $2,594***
Set-up and Training ----------- $1,500
600 meters of media ---------- $144

Total =================== $42,223 (£20,941.87)

*That's a price for a good 60" Single Sided Laminator.
** I'm not familiar with Troop. I read up on it and pulled that number out of my ass.
*** I customized a Dell PC for graphics use and that's what I got. As a side note, I'm pretty picky about my computers.

You got a pretty good deal there, methinks.

Last edited:

MITCHATEXOTIC

prismjet extra here

I am a maintanance hound but have hade zero issues with printer(some with the data link though) have not replace all cartidges yet but printer has paid back half, including subtracting media cost, but not my time in 4 months....go for it

heyskull

Thanks a lot people.:thumb:

you know what it is like when buying something new you can never decide.
And there is never a good time to buy new machinery.
As when you do you find something better and even cheaper the day after it arrives.

Time to bite the bullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean:brittain: