• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking About Buying XC-540

Rustle

Hi! I want to buy a Roland XC-540 and was wondering if anyone had any major problems with theirs? Is there anything I should be aware of? Also, is it possible to negotiate a lower price with my Roland dealer or are the prices pretty much set in stone? I am buying this in Canada and the price with GST tax is $37,794.75 CDN.

Rustle

I don't know exactly but list price on the XC-540 is $29,995 USD. My dealer says that due to the recent depreciation in the Canadian dollar the machine is costing me $6,000 more than it did 2 months ago.

hoppers

Equals about 30K in USD I think? That is right about MSRP on rolands site for this machine, I think you can get it lower in price unless the price is due to customs etc? Either way it is coming into the USA or Canada from overseas....so I would think you maybe can get some $$$ off.

hoppers

I don't know exactly but list price on the XC-540 is $29,995 USD. My dealer says that due to the recent depreciation in the Canadian dollar the machine is costing me $6,000 more than it did 2 months ago.

Hmm I would wait it out maybe? Or look to buy a lightly used demo? I have heard Rolands prices might be going up (or already did) so that might be the reason along with the depreciation in the CDN

Rustle

Yup, the price on the machine jumped $6,000 CDN as of last November and I wouldn't be surprised if it's up again. The Roland dealer seemed pretty stiff on the current market price and I kinda get the sense that he won't budge. I figured with the really bad economy, Roland might at least offer some perks or lower their prices a little to encourage sales but guess I'm wrong.

osmasterflex

I haven't heard of anybody negotiating with a dealer, BUT, you can maybe try to purchase the floor model for cheaper. They are typically taken care of very well, and the dealer will fix it up to be pretty much brand new.

Siguy

This seems to be happening all over the world. All tied to the Yen apparently.
I'm not sure whether to believe them or not.

Think they'll put the price down if the US$, CA$, AU$, NZ$ go up against the Yen?

Na, me neither.

I'd ring all dealers within a 300 mile or so radius and ask them what they'll do for you. Let them all know that your tentacles are out elsewhere and see what happens. Check around for a newish second hand or a demo as suggested above. In fact ask them that first and then when you inquire about the new one they may just forget where they are for a second.:munchie:

If you save a thousand dollars for an hour on the phone that's got to be good, right?

You can be nice to them once you've got your machine.

Just my 2c

Brendan

Great machine... I would bet that a demo or low use used would be the ticket at this point. Alot of people struggling right now.

InkjetAuction

Buying an XC-540 Demo?

The XC-540 would be my choice of machine if I were to buy one for myself...

The $3,000 free ink/media deal mentioned earlier in this post ended 12/31/2008. It was a fantastic deal. Roland even let the purchaser choose exactly what was included... right down to the individual ink cartridge.

Demos are usually available from any dealer. Roland requires dealers to keep one or two machines in their showrooms at all time... and they have to be rotated at least every six months. So ask if one is available.

Demo machines include the full manufacturer's warranty if sold by the dealer within 6 months of the dealer receiving the demo. After six months, the manufacturer's warranty becomes pro-rated. So if you buy a demo, be sure you check on this. If the machine is more than 6 mos old, you may be able to get the dealer to include an extended warranty to cover the difference.

Demo discounting? Dealers do get a small additional discount on demo machines, and typically pass it along to the end user (really... it's a small additional discount). You will also typically save on freight...especially if you can pick-up the machine yourself.

As for used gear-- I have yet to find a used XC-540 on the market... they are workhorses that make their owners $$$, even in this tight economy.

...just some thoughts...

~E

Rustle

Hey thanks guys!!!

Yeah, I was totally stoked when I heard about the ink/media perk that Roland was dishing out on all new machines. I was all in a panic to try and finance the XC-540 by Dec. 31, 2008 but was so bummed when I found out that it wasn't available to Canadians. I think I'll check into their demo and try looking around at other Roland dealers. I guess in tight economic times we just gotta tough it out. Cheers!!!