• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is Crap!!!!

K

kevco

Stealing

You are right! But the people who buy this crap are just as guilty as the guy selling it. If the guys at Cadlink read this there is also one on a sharewhare site I know of (pm me and I'll tell you the site, if I print it her it might just make your piriting problem worse) People need to understand this is stealing and only lessens our industry as a whole. I pretty much return my profits back into my company to upgrade my equp. mybe before long I'll have what I want, but I will not resort to stealing to get it. Remember do onto others....How would you like it if someone copied one of your designs and sold it just incase someone "lost" theirs. Plus whoever buys this crap will not get any tech. support or upgrades. It took every spare Pennie I had to buy my sign program used, but atleast it's leagle and I have all the features and tech. support. O K thats the end of my rant. Thanks!:help:
P.S. just 'cause You pay for ot don't make it right

Hubert Furey

I would like to pass on a sincere Thank-You to the concerned and morally responsible members who felt compelled to bring this to CADlinks attention. I will be contacting eBay today regarding this matter. Fortunately in this situation there is a complaint and resolution process in place with eBay.

Kevco, feel free to email me any information you have regarding illegal copies of SignLab or other CADlink products. I (and CADlink) try very hard to put an end to this kind of distribution, but in many cases there is little that can be done.
Nonetheless I very much do want to act upon any information provided to me to the best of the abilities and resources I have at my disposal.

Thanks once again to all involved for bringing this matter to the attention of CADlink.

PMG

LOL he even stated that its a stolen copy:QUOTE:this version is fully cracked and working ive tried it myself using my roland cx-24 and it works fine .

OldPaint

this guy on ebay will be added to the STUPID CRIMINAL LIST...i lov em..just shows how dumb down you gota get to be a "criminal". sort like the the guy who walks in a bank...passes a note to the teller to give him all the money....and the paper he wrote the note on was an ENVELOPE WITH HIS NAME AND ADDRESS ON IT!!!!!!!!!!
or when the cops want to round up bail jumpers...they send em a letter tellin em they won a FREE TV...just show up at this address to pick it up.....hehehehehehe

G&S Graphics

What about the 7 people that managed to buy a copy before the item was ended ??

I got scammed on E-Bay for $900 a few years ago, I bought a supposed original version of FlexiSigns with Dongle. The dongle didnt look correct and the software would install but didnt work. The dongle ended up being a pass through printerport connector. The CD was in fact an original Felxi CD with a screen printed Scanvec on it but who knows. The seller mysteriously disappeared from e-bay and paypal and all attempts to track him down failed,

I stopped using e-bay for any software purchases and I am happily using a real Flexi and I am awaiting my upgrade to 7.6. I only purchase through dealers now !!!

Craig

K

kevco

Check out my post in flexi. It sucks we spend our good money to do things right an then these people do this for a fast buck.I guess i got lucky when I bought my flexi 6.5 off e-bay

freeportsign

I buy software on e-bay all the time but i also make sure it is legal. Just look at the prices that they charge and most times it will tell you if it is leagal. I also pay with paypal and get buy back protection when possible. I have had to use it and it works.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
When it comes to buying software from E-Bay, if the price is much lower than the standard asking price then it is probably illegal even if the seller insists otherwise.

For example, I recently paid $740 for my upgrade of AdobeCS2 Premium. I've seen notices on E-Bay and spam in my primary mailbox offering it for under $100, claiming it to be legal and all of that. Pure baloney. Pay Pal can provide some protection against identity theft at E-Bay. But I'm sure more than a few naive individuals have responded to such e-mail spam with their credit card numbers and then opened themselves up to lots of trouble. There would have to be a good number of takers on that scam, given the fact so many have fallen for those laughably stupid "pidgeon drop" 419 e-mail scams from Nigeria.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We buy some software on ebay and our first question (after checking previous feedback) to the seller is "Can I register it?" If it is anything other than an unqualified "yes," we don't buy it.

Cadmn

thats ok its everywhere

I just came from a flea market on the other side of town & there is a person there with all the swapmeet graphics& he is pushing signs & banners atvery Low cost 18"X24"coroplast signs with stepstakes for 12.00 each multicolor I know he has several college logos & I would bet he doesn't have them licensed & he doesn't really care he'll take his money & smile all the way to his bank & when he has cut everyones throat on signs he 'll start something else

Lance

Piracy of product is a major problem here in Oz as well.
It is common to hear in the news about the police raiding Trash and Treasure markets and confiscating illegal music and movie CDs and DVDs.
The initial action on this type of stuff was initiated by the likes of Addidas, Nike and Reebok when the markets were flooded with fake clothing labels.
It is a huge business but at least the authorities are starting to make inroads into it and hopefully the supply will dry up.
These stalls are always busy and I often wonder if the public is aware they are being ripped off or just don't care.
Nike do not sell $100 tops for $11.50 !!
Identity theft is theft, and theft is illegal.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Cadmn said:
I know he has several college logos & I would bet he doesn't have them licensed & he doesn't really care he'll take his money & smile all the way to his bank & when he has cut everyones throat on signs he 'll start something else

Not that it would happen, but if my financial throat was getting cut on the basis of someone illegally using trademarked material, I would have no problem of turning in their butts to the law. All it takes is just one phone call or e-mail to get the right marketing departments alerted to the problem. But I strongly doubt that any of those guys are going to be the thing that puts my business in trouble.

The only reason the flea market guys manage to exist and stay in business is few people, if anyone at all, have bothered to do anything about it. They're small potatoes and running "under the radar."

H

HSG

I just bought the upgrade to Illustrator CS2 from Mac Mall for $169. (they sell PC too). What did you get that I didn't for $740? Was it a multi user license?

HSG

Shovelhead

Just a little observation....

Cadmn said:
I just came from a flea market on the other side of town & there is a person there with all the swapmeet graphics& he is pushing signs & banners atvery Low cost 18"X24"coroplast signs with stepstakes for 12.00 each multicolor I know he has several college logos & I would bet he doesn't have them licensed & he doesn't really care he'll take his money & smile all the way to his bank & when he has cut everyones throat on signs he 'll start something else

Why is it that it seems that the only business where competition is frowned upon is signmaking???
If that guy wanted to do 18x24's for a buck a piece, or give them away, what is it your business???
Some people think that I'm an a-hole for my prices because I have no overhead.
Too bad.....get a full time job as a graphic designer like me and do signs on the side.

smullen

Shovelhead said:
Why is it that it seems that the only business where competition is frowned upon is signmaking???
If that guy wanted to do 18x24's for a buck a piece, or give them away, what is it your business???
Some people think that I'm an a-hole for my prices because I have no overhead.
Too bad.....get a full time job as a graphic designer like me and do signs on the side.

I don't really aggree... I think you just might have Blinders on or something...

I also run a Lawn and Landscaping Business on the side and there are several forums (beleive it or not) devoted to that type of work and business... They discuss equiptment, pricing, methods of doing different jobs and how to actually run the business...

They are just as negative about people who under cut, aren't legal, don't have insurance, and are known to not be paying taxes.. Anyone fitting one of those offences listed is deemed a scrub...

Another business where the competition is really frownedupon is car audio... Installing Stereos, amps, subs, car alarms, etc..etc.. Everyone trys to undercut everyone, then talks bad about other other undercutters and their work...

I guess my point is, This market is not really unique in your points and in all markets people who undercut, do stuff illeagally, underhandedly or un-ethically are looked down upon....

dzign

HSG said:
I just bought the upgrade to Illustrator CS2 from Mac Mall for $169. (they sell PC too). What did you get that I didn't for $740? Was it a multi user license?

HSG
The other person mentioned Adobe CS2 Premium, it's a suite of programs, not just Illustrator, alone, like you bought.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

smullen said:
... in all markets people who undercut, do stuff illeagally, underhandedly or un-ethically are looked down upon....

AND QUITE RIGHTFULLY SO. Can't wait 'til they've ALL sabotaged themselves out of what they call "business".