• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on font to use for japanese steak house

shirtsource

I have to install Channel letters on a Japanese steak house. I am trying to think of a font that I should use. I don't think block will do. I need something that will go with the Japanese theme. Any suggestions on this one would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Marlene

we have used Optima for Asian restaurants rather than something like Rickshaw and it looks pretty good.

Custom_Grafx

Attachments

• Steak-House.jpg
    Steak-House.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 83

vid

What market level?

I always thought Hiroshige was an elegant font in a fun and legible way. The sans is similar to Optima, but a touch more swashy ...without being cliche like the typical fonts used for Asian food.

boxerbay

Question: Are you building a sign or developing a complete marketing strategy?

Are you charging for logo development time?

Why would a restauranteur have a sign guy design their logo? He should hire a marketing company to design the logo, menus, interior decor, uniforms, build mockups, etc etc. then send the logo over to the sign guy.

CanuckSigns

Why would a restauranteur have a sign guy design their logo? He should hire a marketing company to design the logo, menus, interior decor, uniforms, build mockups, etc etc. then send the logo over to the sign guy.

That's very true, the sign guy just knows how to push the button to have the computer make the sign :ROFLMAO:

BLB

I had a studio in Japan for seven years and japanese logos and graphic style look quite different from other asian countries. It would be easy to google some different asian countries graphics to get a feel for it. Good luck!

HulkSmash

going to pretend you didn't ask that.

signmeup

Up yours too buddy.

hydo1

Your exactly right, why in the world would anybody even try to get into business without the help of an overpriced marketing agency? Lets get this guys number and call him ASAP before he makes any more decisions.

Your a complete tool.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Gorsh, I kinda agree with boxerbay... why pay 100-500k to start up a restaurant and then cheap out on the logo?

hydo1

Gorsh, I kinda agree with boxerbay... why pay 100-500k to start up a restaurant and then cheap out on the logo?

It looks like there are a few problems besides the lack of professionally designed logo:

1. It's a Japanese Steakhouse in Kentucky
2. Channel letters means it's probably in a strip mall.

Not to be a wet blanket but it sounds like this place is DOA. Just do a proof in Rickshaw, put up the letters, collect your money and a call it a day!

boxerbay

I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I dont mean to down play the sign guys ability. not at all.

What I am saying is that if you haven't figured out your logo and menu "look" and your asking the sign guy to do this I think the restauranteur business plan is flawed.

Perhaps you do have the ability to do this? I never said you did not. I did ask if your charging for logo development. - you should as this can take up more time than building the sign.

Basically he is going to third base before touching first and second.

boxerbay

You're one of those instant stiker and signz type of guys aren't you...

Are you really that baffled by a "sign guy" designing logos....?

:banghead:

actually no. we're a pretty big company with departments for marketing, offset printing, digital printing, large format, bindery, finishing, and fulfillment. maybe I should update my bio.

Ghost Prophet

I have to install Channel letters on a Japanese steak house. I am trying to think of a font that I should use. I don't think block will do. I need something that will go with the Japanese theme. Any suggestions on this one would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Check this page http://www.1001freefonts.com/asian-fonts.php and try "osaka sans" and "bushido", they are a couple of my favorites for Japanese style stuff.