• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Time to replace the print head?

JetCustom

I had a very sudden issue with our Mutoh RJ-900c. One week it was running good nozzle checks and printing well then the next week half of the magenta was missing. I replaced the magenta dampers because they were completely full of ink. That didn't help. The more I tried cleaning the worse the nozzle checks got. The cyan started dropping out and then parts of the yellow and the black. At that point I decided it was time to do some drastic work. I very carefully have removed the print head, soaked it, and tried to confirm there were no clogs. The cleaning fluid seemed to flow well through the nipples and I waited until there was no more ink coming from the bottom into the cleaning solution. I have also thoroughly and carefully taken apart, cleaned, and checked all the parts of the maintenance station. I have good ink charges filling up the waste tank when it puts ink into the lines and no air bubbles in the lines. So I believe the pump is working well and that there seems to be a good seal between the print head and the capping station. After all this I have hardly any print in the nozzle checks now. I think it is time to throw in the towel and figure that the print head has blown out. However before we break down and buy the most expensive part I wanted another opinion on the matter. Am I missing something? Could something else have gone wrong that may need to be looked into before replacing the print head to prevent this repeating??

I really appreciate any advice, thoughts, or feedback! Thanks for your time!
Laurissa

Karen-Kang

I had a very sudden issue with our Mutoh RJ-900c. One week it was running good nozzle checks and printing well then the next week half of the magenta was missing. I replaced the magenta dampers because they were completely full of ink. That didn't help. The more I tried cleaning the worse the nozzle checks got. The cyan started dropping out and then parts of the yellow and the black. At that point I decided it was time to do some drastic work. I very carefully have removed the print head, soaked it, and tried to confirm there were no clogs. The cleaning fluid seemed to flow well through the nipples and I waited until there was no more ink coming from the bottom into the cleaning solution. I have also thoroughly and carefully taken apart, cleaned, and checked all the parts of the maintenance station. I have good ink charges filling up the waste tank when it puts ink into the lines and no air bubbles in the lines. So I believe the pump is working well and that there seems to be a good seal between the print head and the capping station. After all this I have hardly any print in the nozzle checks now. I think it is time to throw in the towel and figure that the print head has blown out. However before we break down and buy the most expensive part I wanted another opinion on the matter. Am I missing something? Could something else have gone wrong that may need to be looked into before replacing the print head to prevent this repeating??

I really appreciate any advice, thoughts, or feedback! Thanks for your time!
Laurissa

check your printhead station have any ink?
It is the head electricity problem.
Need repair or replace new head.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I'm no Mutoh expert, but to me it still sounds like a bad capping station.
A capping station should only run a couple hundred, and is something you have to replace every so often anyways.