• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Timpte grain hopper

Has anyone here had any experience applying decals onto a Timpte grain hopper like the one shown? We have a customer that would like a 48" x 23" logo applied to both sides of the trailer. The material would be 3M 1080/2080 white aluminum metallic with a full-color contour cut print so I'd be using transfer tape to apply the image but I'd have the advantage of air release. It's nothing too big and if it weren't for the rivets every 12", I'd say this is an easy job. Any helpful tips and tricks would be appreciated.
20210514_141816.jpg

rjssigns

When I used to do trailers I would do my best to feed the vinyl to tent evenly around the rivets. After that it was a torch and a 3M rivet brush. Spend the few extra minutes working the vinyl. It pays off with each rivet "tent" you shrink. We charged per rivet, but when we were done if there was a scratch in the rivet you would see it through the vinyl Man, I do not miss that stuff.