• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tipping Question

ikarasu

Ive been tipped a few times... Not at my "job job" but my side install gigs, customer will give a $250 on a $230 install and just say keep the change.

At my official company everything is paid through the office - I imagine we'd get more tips if we were collecting payment though.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Hey Humble, did you have Cucumber sandwhiches with tea at Claridges with her?
A handsome four course meal with several fine wines, which explains why I can not remember the details of what I ate. But it was probably the most expensive meal I've ever had the pleasure eat.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
(Late) Client was old enough to be my grandmother (and I'm the wrong side of 50), but a lovely lady who enjoyed the finer things in life (of which I'm certainly not one).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Where jburton's from, your grandmother could easily be your sister twice removed....... to the next county.

UberDapr

I've received a few cash tips here and there. Now if I'm installing at a restaurant, I can almost guarantee I'll leave with some food in my stomach.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
An installer once told me that customers always tipped him. He doesn‘t work for me anymore but I started to wonder why he was getting tips and I have never heard another installer mention it. Is this common practice and other installers don’t talk about it?

The best theory I have is that he was telling customers he was going above and beyond what they paid for.
With the right equipment some installers make very good tip money.
1709873952097.jpeg