• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tipping UPS or fed/Ex driver for holidays

how much are you tipping UPS or fed/Ex driver for holidays

• zero, they get paid enough

Votes: 59 54.6%
  • 1 to 10 ... cookies or cash minimum gesture

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • 11 to 20

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • 21 to 50

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • over 50

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

tsgstl

I think it's a east coast thing, they tip trash guy, mailman etc

I've only heard of people giving the occasional gift to a mailman in the Midwest

SignosaurusRex

We take good care of our regular UPS driver throughout the year and reasonable gift at the holidays.

While the word TIP is not an acronym, I like to think it is............To Insure Professionalism / To Insure Promptness. He goes above and beyond with both.

DizzyMarkus

why would you tip him?

Would you refuse a tip from someone ? I know when I am left a tip, it's kinda nice :thumb: Mines always courteous, early, brings packages in if its raining and generaly good service.

($20 Dunkin or Subway card is all no huge amount)

Markus

tattoo.dan

[QUOTE= generaly good service.

heck I generally provide good service, but don't expect a tip! I got tips when I was a bartender....

DizzyMarkus

He does and does it well :thumb: I could have gotten a mean, nasty guy that throws the packages etc Instead I choose to show a measly $20 thank you for doing your job so well. I was taught to treat others as I would like to be, so for me $20 worth a appreciation is worth it. That somehow has been lost by many -- being friendly, courteous and appreciative of others.

Thank you,
Markus

PS -- I didn't say it was bad you did not tip :Big Laugh

I was thinking a $20 gift for fed/ex whom we use most, that is what I voted on poll. we use fed/ex most, I'll give UPS guy a holiday candy dealio we give all our active customers.. maybe a $10 value.

tattoo.dan

He does and does it well :thumb: I could have gotten a mean, nasty guy that throws the packages etc Instead I choose to show a measly $20 thank you for doing your job so well. I was taught to treat others as I would like to be, so for me $20 worth a appreciation is worth it. That somehow has been lost by many -- being friendly, courteous and appreciative of others.

Thank you,
Markus

PS -- I didn't say it was bad you did not tip :Big Laugh

guess that is the difference between new york and midwest. i would actually feel awkward tipping my driver...think he would too...

DizzyMarkus

When you go out to dinner --- do you tip the waitress/waiter for good service? lol

Cool poll tho
Just saying :0)

Markus

DizzyMarkus

The point is being lost -- and all it really is -- is a matter of opinion

You don't -- I do

No purpose going round and round -- could go on all night and I been around long enough to know better :rolleyes:

It does not matter what someone makes to show appreciation Sir sorry

Markus

We see the fed/ex guy 250 days a year, not many people I can say that about. Our mailman almost never comes in, and service there is spoty to say the best.

tattoo.dan

The point is being lost -- and all it really is -- is a matter of opinion

You don't -- I do

No purpose going round and round -- could go on all night and I been around long enough to know better :rolleyes:

It does not matter what someone makes to show appreciation Sir sorry

Markus

yes I do and more than most do....like I tried saying...that is the point i was trying to make with my comment that I made tips when I tended bar. i do not expect tips making shirts or signs or vehicle graphics for anyone. my ups and fed ex guys do not expect tips for doing their job either..