• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TORN!!! 3 flatbed.... help me choose...

synergy_jim

Looking at the CET, Flora, and Jetrix. Assume the configurations I am looking at all print roughly the same boards per hour....

1) The Jetrix 2030frk is a demo model that I can have installed in a week. That gives me roughly 4 to 6 weeks of making $$$ when I would be waiting for the other 2. This is the new Jetrix with 2" max material thickness and roll option. Konica 14pl heads. Talked to and visited end users with machines. No problems with reliability or repairs. Best print quality of the 3 but most expensive of the 3 units.

2) Flora unit. 15 Konica heads. Least expensive of the 3 printers. Also has roll option. Print samples look great. 4" max material thickness

3) CET Xpress 500 8 Spectra Polaris head machine. Middle of the pack on price. Very impressed with Jack and the whole team. No roll option nor do I think I will use it anyways. CET will educate us free of charge to perform all maintenance. Training in Atlanta. 4" max material thickness

I'm torn in that all 3 have great points and very few drawbacks. Looking for user experience and reviews by end users to push me over the edge. this is not an easy decision to make.

Thanks,

Jim

HulkSmash

When it comes down to it, you want to make a decision based on support.
Who can have you up the fastest, and give you the best, and quickest support.

Who offers the better warranty?

synergy_jim

Warranty is neck and neck..... I think the CET and Jetrix units both have great support. Flora may also, but I have had any experience with end users that use them....

CET may edge Jetrix in that they will show me how to take care of my own machine in the event that we have a problem.

HulkSmash

I'd go for CET. I really like the FLORA but i've yet to hear a user end opinion on it.

with 20k units sold -- you'd think it'd be easy?

Did you look at the OCE?

CS-SignSupply

Looking at the CET, Flora, and Jetrix. Assume the configurations I am looking at all print roughly the same boards per hour....

1) The Jetrix 2030frk is a demo model that I can have installed in a week. That gives me roughly 4 to 6 weeks of making $$$ when I would be waiting for the other 2. This is the new Jetrix with 2" max material thickness and roll option. Konica 14pl heads. Talked to and visited end users with machines. No problems with reliability or repairs. Best print quality of the 3 but most expensive of the 3 units.

2) Flora unit. 15 Konica heads. Least expensive of the 3 printers. Also has roll option. Print samples look great. 4" max material thickness

3) CET Xpress 500 8 Spectra Polaris head machine. Middle of the pack on price. Very impressed with Jack and the whole team. No roll option nor do I think I will use it anyways. CET will educate us free of charge to perform all maintenance. Training in Atlanta. 4" max material thickness

I'm torn in that all 3 have great points and very few drawbacks. Looking for user experience and reviews by end users to push me over the edge. this is not an easy decision to make.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

The 6'x10' True Flatbed unit we have been discussing does not have Roll to Roll option. The 4'x8' beds do. Just to be clear.

As for training, you have that option with Flora as well. With the sale of the printer, airfare for one person plus 2 nights hotel would be included. If you need more, let's talk.

You would also get training onsite during the install... When we arrive, you are privy to watch the heads being installed, inked up, configured and all. If you are referring to changing boards, cables, pumps, etc if there is ever a problem, either take advantage of the travel offer or make a call to us for step by step procedure (if you want to do it yourself). If it is a warranty part, you are covered for parts AND LABOR for 12 full months.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Never seeing the Flora, I would probably say go for the CET, but if the jetrix is a higher quality and better all around and could be delivered much sooner and for basically the same price.... it sounds like that would be the obvious one.

I believe, regardless of which one you buy, you'll get pretty good support. Jack from CET seemed like a top notch person and one with integrity, but then so is Bobby Fosson. You can't get any better than our own..... Bobby.

Sounds to be a tough call, but remember one thing..... as soon as that baby is in your shop, you're gonna be saving $ 1,000's of dollars in vinyl, laminate and labor right off the bat. It's a real money-making machine..... just how soon can you get started ??

CS-SignSupply

Thanks for the support Gino. We work very hard to keep our customers happy, as well as Signs101 members, buying from us or not :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not to hi-jack your thread Jim, but just to confirm CET doesn't have a 5'x10' or 6'x10' version of the true flatbed, do they?

Also, with the hybrids, is it feasible to run longer sheets through them or long sign faces?

I don't know the answer to part of your question, but one thing is.... when you have a true flatbed configuration, you can virtually put any flat surface on there without concern for cupping in certain materials. That system will suck them down like nothing. Ours is 64" wide and we can go virtually with any unlimited length, but 4' x 8' MDO and some other substrates, tend to have a slight warping to them and it plays havoc on printing.

So, while in theory you can put any length through, it might not remain flat throughout the entire printing, thus causing head strikes. Our heads are encased in steel and can take a beating, but you still don't want them hitting.

synergy_jim

Not to hi-jack your thread Jim, but just to confirm CET doesn't have a 5'x10' or 6'x10' version of the true flatbed, do they?

Also, with the hybrids, is it feasible to run longer sheets through them or long sign faces?

CET released their 5x10 machine @ SGIA....

Matt-Tastic

CET has a 5x10 in development now. Same output, but bigger bed. ETA was end of the year, but haven't heard sooner than that. They did custom build a 6x10 for a few people, based on their old tables, but any new ones larger than 4x8 will wait for the new design.

with the hybrid, your RIP and the weight and size are the only restricting factors. If you have the ability to hold up a 20ft board on both ends of the hybrid table, and it is able to be fed by the printer, there is no reason it wouldn't work. I've done hybrid printers (not on the CET, but a couple others) of 10-15ft .25" lexan no sweat. But hybrids do have a weight limit where the belt won't push a board through, it'll just slide under the board.

synergy_jim

CET has a 5x10 in development now. Same output, but bigger bed. ETA was end of the year, but haven't heard sooner than that. They did custom build a 6x10 for a few people, based on their old tables, but any new ones larger than 4x8 will wait for the new design.

with the hybrid, your RIP and the weight and size are the only restricting factors. If you have the ability to hold up a 20ft board on both ends of the hybrid table, and it is able to be fed by the printer, there is no reason it wouldn't work. I've done hybrid printers (not on the CET, but a couple others) of 10-15ft .25" lexan no sweat. But hybrids do have a weight limit where the belt won't push a board through, it'll just slide under the board.

No winner yet.... just spent the last hour on the phone with reps from all 3 companies....

CET is shipping 5x10's in the next 6 to 8 weeks. That I have confirmed. If I order I will have a unit before year end.

benjakes

Jim,

It is not an easy decision. You need to balance your needs vs wants. Really, only you can make the right decision for your company. It is a huge investment. I am scared to death everytime I make it.

CET:By far the fastest of the three printers. They are proven, with lots of great feedback on here.

Flora: I had someone forward this to me over the weekend:

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/graphix-direct-com-inc Based upon the information in this e-mail, 3 containers equals 6 printers at most. With Bobby, Chris, and Graphix Direct each having one, that means they have 3 end users? Explains lack of posts by users.

I would recomend buying a 2 year warranty on this unit if you buy it. I've had issues with boards after the first year. Its not a terrible printer, just slow.

Jetrix, I know very little about. 10 Saucer does though.

Owning two of the three, I very easily recomend the CET. You will sleep better. I wish you luck with the decision. I also recomend you call Dave @ CET. You will feel much better about making the decision.

Ben

SignTeam.us

Good to know this information, THANKS!!!

Jim,

It is not an easy decision. You need to balance your needs vs wants. Really, only you can make the right decision for your company. It is a huge investment. I am scared to death everytime I make it.

CET:By far the fastest of the three printers. They are proven, with lots of great feedback on here.

Flora: I had someone forward this to me over the weekend:

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/graphix-direct-com-inc Based upon the information in this e-mail, 3 containers equals 6 printers at most. With Bobby, Chris, and Graphix Direct each having one, that means they have 3 end users? Explains lack of posts by users.

I would recomend buying a 2 year warranty on this unit if you buy it. I've had issues with boards after the first year. Its not a terrible printer, just slow.

Jetrix, I know very little about. 10 Saucer does though.

Owning two of the three, I very easily recomend the CET. You will sleep better. I wish you luck with the decision. I also recomend you call Dave @ CET. You will feel much better about making the decision.

Ben

synergy_jim

Congrats!

So you went the 500 Express w/ 8 heads?

Which head configuration did you go with?

RIP?

Is 5 weeks pretty standard time frame from purchase to install?

Thanks.

we went 500 express 5x10 with 8 heads. CMYK LC LM white clear

Caldera rip for Mac.

we were quoted 4 weeks and I assume it will take a week to finalize financing.

We'll also be traveling to Atlanta to take the servicing course.

HulkSmash

we went 500 express 5x10 with 8 heads. CMYK LC LM white clear

Caldera rip for Mac.

we were quoted 4 weeks and I assume it will take a week to finalize financing.

We'll also be traveling to Atlanta to take the servicing course.

Awesome! Congrats on your new purchase.