• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Touch pad

102RCR

Does anyone use a touch pad to design in flexi? Wanting to get one, would like to get thoughts on them from someone that has used one, and recommendations on what to get.

102RCR

Maybe, but no, not really. Like what chip foose uses type deal. I seen someone designing on one online still have screens. This was more like a pad with pin that more or less acted like a mouse, but with a pen. If that makes sense?

WildWestDesigns

That sounds like an Intuos tablet (Wacom).

Huge fan of the Cintiq lineup (also Wacom), but you have the Huions as well, I had heard that they are pretty good for their price point.

102RCR

That sounds like an Intuos tablet (Wacom).

Huge fan of the Cintiq lineup (also Wacom), but you have the Huions as well, I had heard that they are pretty good for their price point.
Huions sounds familiar. I feel like that was the name of it in the pic. Might have to order one and just go for it. Was hoping more guys had positive feedback on them.

WildWestDesigns

First I'd find out if Flexi supports a drawing tablet.
I would imagine that at worst, wouldn't have pressure sensitivity and just be treated as a traditional input device by the program. Depending on the design and what is trying to be accomplished, may not be any issue.

Sometimes can even spoof pressure sensitivity with either going slower or faster.

At the very least, even without pressure sensitivity (I actually turn it off when just doing sketches), I find that using sometime along the lines of a Cintiq to be far more efficient then with a mouse (but some are so used to a mouse that it's hard for them to go with the tablet/drawing screen approach.

But that is just me, depending on the brand, it can be a very expensive "experiment" though.

rjssigns

I would imagine that at worst, wouldn't have pressure sensitivity and just be treated as a traditional input device by the program. Depending on the design and what is trying to be accomplished, may not be any issue.

Sometimes can even spoof pressure sensitivity with either going slower or faster.

At the very least, even without pressure sensitivity (I actually turn it off when just doing sketches), I find that using sometime along the lines of a Cintiq to be far more efficient then with a mouse (but some are so used to a mouse that it's hard for them to go with the tablet/drawing screen approach.

But that is just me, depending on the brand, it can be a very expensive "experiment" though.
Hmmm...I didn't think of it being a mouse replacement. Although I would want it to work like brushes and so forth in Ps. Personally I'm going to get an iPad and use that with my Mac. Should do everything I need it to do.

WildWestDesigns

Hmmm...I didn't think of it being a mouse replacement. Although I would want it to work like brushes and so forth in Ps. Personally I'm going to get an iPad and use that with my Mac. Should do everything I need it to do.
Ps already has that ability to work with the Wacom (don't know how precise it is with the Huion), in fact, individual Wacom pen support was better in Ps then in Ai. I had to use Dynamic Sketch to work with the AirBrush pen with Ai CS6, while Ps Extended CS6 had built in support for that very pen. Now, that may not be the case now, but it was then.

However, I don't think Flexi would have that same level of need from the tablet, but I could be wrong about that.