• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Touch screen catalog for customers ..

ronl1975

I would like to install a couple touch screen monitors for customers to browse through on top of my counter. Any ideas for software or has anybody done this?

:help

OlsonSigns601

1st off Windows 8 is pretty much a Tablet OS, I would suggest get a copy Visual Studio and made a run at it yourself if you're techy enough.

4R Graphics

What you are talking about is digital signage. There is a lot you can do for a reasonable price hardware is the cheap and easy part. Well touch screen gets a little pricey.

Making the catalog's and being interactive etc will cost you unless you know flash and what not.

We are looking at getting into this as a wholesale supplier but we are not at the moment.

For your purposes all you need are a couple of cheap tablets that can run the latest and greatest flash.

Then you need to or sub it out have the catalog's made in flash. They can be as simple as click to change page or click to see more info on each product depends on you and your budget.

There is another option for what you are wanting. You could build new webpages in a secured area and pull all catalog info from databases or hard code it and just have the tablets on line through your shops connection. Just a second simple and cheaper thought but not as flashy (Pun intended).

Mosh

Pretty much make a mobile website, and have a couple tabs on the counter for people to look at it on. You can get a tab for under $200 now.