• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TraceMyIp.org

2972renfro

Why would I ask my customers how they found me? They obviously did somehow when they walked in the door. I'm not going to insult them or question their navigation skills by asking them how in the world did they get here?...

I think you are just spying and just trying to make it sound like nothing...

I guess you are an old guy. The reason you might find this interesting to know is for example. Let's say you pay big money for some yellow pages ad and you ask your customers how they found you. If 5% say Yellow Pages, then you would want to rethink paying for renewing your YP ad. Or if they say drive by then you fully realize that your location is doing you a favor. Or if suddenly your new webpage is bringing in the business then you keep plugging away on that. Or what if you spent thousands on a webpage with supposedly good SEO and no one or very few say they found you from the website. Then maybe your webpage needs tweaked

Simple stuff really and worth asking

trik

Why would I ask my customers how they found me? They obviously did somehow when they walked in the door. I'm not going to insult them or question their navigation skills by asking them how in the world did they get here?...

I think you are just spying and just trying to make it sound like nothing...

You really wouldn't want to know how a new customer found you? If I was spending $2500 a year in yellow page ads, and $2500 a year on my website, and 80% of my new customers came from my website advertising, I would want to know this. I ask every new customer how they found me, website, yellow pages, referral, etc. It lets me know what advertising money is best spent.

weaselboogie

wait, i didnt post that. it was a worm. sorry bout dat!

attachment.php

Attachments

• worm.jpg
    worm.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 111

RebeckaR

For people who seem to know so much about everything else, it amazes me that you would question the viability of keeping track of traffic on your website.

I'm not familiar with the tool that the OP is talking about, but Google Analytics is excellent and free. I've also used a tool called StatCounter for a number of years. It has a free and a paid version... that I've never felt the need to pay for.
With this information I can tell who's clicking through from my advertisements on other blogs, where they are located, how many of the hits are inflated because of some dude in Russia who keeps spamming me. Lot's of info.
Heck, I even know if and when my mom reads my blog. She doesn't.

Anyone doing any kind of serious online marketing is using these tools.

signswi

You can do all of this in Google Analytics, which is now real time...

If you need something beyond Google Analytics I recommend Clicky, whatever the hell the OP posted looks like it's about 15 years old.