• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tradeshow Easy Panel Print Problem!

Skye

Hello
I am using a roland sp540 and am trying to print Neschen Easy Panel 430. I have turned off the heat (as they told me to) head is high, and printing high quality. the problem is that i am getting a WaVe in the material and the print head is touching the media sometimes and runes the print.
any suggestions would be fantastic. sooner the better if you have time, this is to leave for Chile tomorrow.

thanks
Skye

Last edited:

gabagoo

You can print on styrene with an inkjet? Does it have to be a specialy treated styrene?

you can and if you are using a solvent printer no special styrene is needed although I would clean it off with alcohol first.

I would also be very careful printing on styrene as if it gets loose on the sides and springs up you might say au revoir to your heads!!!

:banghead:

Skye

pinch roller

i tried all 5 pinch rollers and then just two on outside and last try was 2 outside and one in the middle.
what works for you?
also do you print at high quality or standard?

thanks a lot

skye

Skye

Roland Eco solvent

we are just using a roland eco solvent printer.
Yes they do make styrene on rolls that you can print on.
we are getting a WaVe in the material when printing and i am afraid the head will hit.

any suggestions would be great.

gabagoo

we are just using a roland eco solvent printer.
Yes they do make styrene on rolls that you can print on.
we are getting a WaVe in the material when printing and i am afraid the head will hit.

any suggestions would be great.

How thick is this styrene and where did you purchase it?

Skye

down the street

Not far from you. You can buy from All Graphic Supplies, Proveer.
i bought medium to high grade. not the cheapest (Ultraflexx makes some)

Slamdunkpro

I print trade show panels on 3165, laminate them and mount them on .020 styrene. It's an extra step but I get a better result with fewer screw ups.

Salmoneye

I have not printed any of this material. I have however printed material that would develop a wave if i did not unroll it first especially if I was only using the outside rollers.

Skye

mounting

When i print/mount/laminated to styrene i can never get the images to line up great.
what do you think i might be doing wrong?

skye

gabagoo (it says under your name you are in Vaughan Ontario.

Slamdunkpro

It depends , how are you laminating your prints?

We print a lot of Ultraflex .020 styrene, We use all the pinch rollers, turn the heat way down and release the tension brake on our XC-540. My biggest issue with styrene is static scattering of the ink when the humidity is low.

When i print/mount/laminated to styrene i can never get the images to line up great.

skye

Skye

do you ever get the WaVe i have been seeing? where the head would touch the media on the high spots of the WaVe.

Slamdunkpro

do you ever get the WaVe i have been seeing? where the head would touch the media on the high spots of the WaVe.

I'm assuming you're talking about the material cockling. Turn the heat down and release the brake after you load and align the material.

Slamdunkpro

Print, laminate THEN mount and trim. Don't trim the top and bottom edges until you've done all the panels. Then lay them all out so they align, tape them down and trim the top and bottoms flush.

skye

Skye

so far.

i hope i don't jinx it but so far so good.
i have the head at HIGH and should have at low. so i am getting overs pray.
i think because of the static.

again thank you for all your posts.
i will keep you posted.
so far i am ..
-heat is off
-all pinch rollers
-roller brake off
-small table in front of machine so the roll does not hit floor. if the styrene hits the floor i will get a WaVe (cockling).