• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailer wrap design opinions

Wraps ink

This is a concession trailer we are working on. The client likes it so far, opinions please. They wanted a fun carnival feel without it being tacky.

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 109

qmr55

Can't read the red/black text, get rid of the black outline, either use a thin white outline or just try and make it work without an outline.

phototec

This is a concession trailer we are working on. The client likes it so far, opinions please. They wanted a fun carnival feel without it being tacky.

Give it the squint test - can't read the phone number and the red text with black outline is hard to read.

Also, the Driftwood's blends into the background to much, I think it show standout more.

:smile:

TammieH

My opinion...The top and bottom graphics are fighting each other.
I sort of like the weathered look of the red, white and blue, (even though I don't care for red, white and blue, that's just a personal thing)

Maybe give the copy a more weathered look as well...and as gmr55 said, nix the black outline...

...and then there is the food graphics at the bottom, it just seems out of place.

I like the layout in general. The only things I would change is removing the black outline from the red lettering and also I would have tried "& CATERING" on the third panel. I just think the ampersand looks out of place on the second panel. Also, my eyes stay drawn to the red lettering. Maybe try "Driftwoods" in red also.

Craig Sjoquist

Besides the upside down stars, & black outline, also agrees with Driftwood red & no ampersand, area code to me use lighter weight font & sans serif.

The 1st thing I saw was the color .. Gray .. has nothing to do with food ...suggest Ivory ...food means ... yellow, orange, red, blue & green can be used also.

Great start, likes the idea & what ya have done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not crazy about the stars on their side, but the rest of it looks like a good start.

I would keep the black outline, just a smidgin' thinner and open up your kerning quite a bit. Your copy basically passes the 'squint test', but it's far too tight for this application.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Fairs/Carnivals are tricky things, they seem to want to break alot of rules but that's what sells for them. We work with 3 of the largest fair companies in the United States and they are all the same, bright/colorful/gaudy is what sells for them. Don't consider normal design rules as no one cares at the fairs, they just want big and bright.

I can show you some very successful designs if you'd like?

JD3

Here's a question: This is a concessions trailer. Are they the only concession trailer at the venue? If not, what is going to set THEIR concession trailer apart from the one directly next to it? Is there a specialty item that they're known for? Are they just cheaper? Is their food better?

I think I'd find that out and focus on that.