• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer Rite 582U

121a

Hello everyone, we have been a long time user of the 582U transfer tape but the last few logs we have gotten aren't sticking the release liner of the vinyl. It is curling up and even taking some of the vinyl with it. I thought it may have just gotten a bad log of it but several logs in and the problem is presiting. It is very annoying and we are wondering if anyone is having issues with 582U premask. It is curling with Avery SC900, 3M IJ35C (digital), and pretty much all other vinyls we regularly use.

We will be ordering a small roll of R-Tape Conform 4750 and see if that will be better. Anyone else having issues?

MikePro

RTape curls/shrinks less than TransferRight but neither stick to the backing paper of controltac materials. Big fan of reverse-winding the graphic after masked/cut (graphic side-out), as to keep the mask from curling & sticking to itself or other media.

121a

MikePro, thanks for the info! We would normally roll the material loosely with graphics side out for larger prints/decals but the smaller stuff is stored flat. We try to store it graphics side down to allow gravity to push down the graphic on the premask.