• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Transferring designs made from one design software to another??

Mascitti Bro

Have spent the last 13 years doing all our logos/designs, etc. for a vinyl cutter with LXi Master Plus software, and are about to take delivery on a Roland print/cut which of course uses the newest Versaworks. We're not needing everything, but there are numerous things i'd like to bring over to the new software- is that gonna be possible? How? (Go easy on me, I get lost super-easy with the quick-talking terminology! Lol!!) Thanks in advance, all...

unclebun

The software stores all your files on the cloud, if I'm reading the info correctly. The software also runs in the cloud. So they may have it so your files are held captive. But look to see if there is a file export function, and then if it does, look to see what file types you can export. Typically .eps, .ai, or .pdf files can be used by other software and sometimes .svg.

Mascitti Bro

The software stores all your files on the cloud, if I'm reading the info correctly. The software also runs in the cloud. So they may have it so your files are held captive. But look to see if there is a file export function, and then if it does, look to see what file types you can export. Typically .eps, .ai, or .pdf files can be used by other software and sometimes .svg.
I've seen numerous ways I can send my stuff done on my LXi software, so will explore this angle as well. Hoping to cover all this with the folks delivering/assembling my new stuff next week) thx!!

Billct2

If it doesn't have the file type of the new software you may find that an .ai or .eps export will import just fine into your new software. Sometimes it requires a little experimenting to see which works best.