• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transporting Cut vinyl

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
Hey guys, I'm lettering about 15 vans for a customer in Colorado (I'm in Michigan). The largest continuous pc of vinyl is 15"x7' - everything else is text. I was thinking that I would cut and weed here, wrap them around a roll of mask, stick them inside a large diameter tube, seal it up well and check it on the plane. Then I would mask on site to avoid any issues that may arise from rolling up premasked graphics. What do y'all think?

youll have more problems with letters lifting after rolling and unrolling it up unmasked.....use a good premask and roll graphics out and shouldn't be any problem with the premask if its applied and rolled nice.

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
youll have more problems with letters lifting after rolling and unrolling it up unmasked.....use a good premask and roll graphics out and shouldn't be any problem with the premask if its applied and rolled nice.

Thanks for the reply. I agree that the lettering would transport alright, but the 15" x 7 foot is a solid rectangle with lettering reversed out and I thought there might be bunching or wrinkles introduced by rolling them up... What mask do you prefer to use?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cut them, weed them, tape them up in your shop, pack loosely in a circular barrel and UPS it there. Cut a few extra if you feel necessary. Insure for a large amount, in case something goes wrong.