• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trompe l'oeil image for shop decoration

Patentagosse

I'm looking for nice trompe l'oeil images for creating big impression in the shop when clients walk in. Picture like big hole in the street or any other images that make you stop and realize it's just a print. I'd like 'em very realistic, even if they look nice only from one particular angle (weither it's installed on the wall or on the floor). I've seen one on the net recently where the floor of an elevator was covered with an image like if the floor has been destroyed and you can see down there the cables and fire (like scene from DieHard movie).

That kinda thing... You all seen the guy doing this on streets and sidewalks with chalk... so amazing...

Throw some ideas or links where I can buy hi-res files. I've searched many places but never got a decent one... :(

I want to create big surprise when people pass the door.

Thanks for any help.

*Here's one I had on the floor of my shop few years ago. When placed at the right spot considering the lighting, it really looked real and many customers got caught and freezed before realizing it was just an image printed on the floor...

Attachments

• Chien_2 (Medium).jpg
    Chien_2 (Medium).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 69

Patentagosse

Well... let say I'm not really into dog races so all I can recall it's the source (istockphoto.com)

Otherwise, if it's a joke, I'm too much French Canadian to get it, sorry.

Patentagosse

I've found some examples of nice realisations done by an artist with paint. Very realistic... that's the kinda trick I want for my shop.

It can be a hole in concret floor, man hole opened... whatever may confuse people walking in.

Attachments

• Trompe l'oeil_1.jpg
    Trompe l'oeil_1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Trompe l'oeil_2.jpg
    Trompe l'oeil_2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Trompe l'oeil_3.jpg
    Trompe l'oeil_3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 89

Craig Sjoquist

I would take pictures of what you want and photograph & close as you can get it, mix, change, arrange it, to the way want it in your software ya got.

Prove you can do it by doing it not just buying it.

Patentagosse

I'm not really shopping for a whole project ready-to-print on a CD... I'd like something special to get attention. I've tried to get a shot of bank's door but they didn't let me take it. That would have been nice to wrap shop's main door with it...

The dog I printed for my home-based shop got that kinda attention. I'm pretty good with Photoshop to do about whatever I need but for any good recipe, you need good ingredients.

That's why I started this thread: ideas and/or pictures to start-up the project...

Last edited:

J Hill Designs

I've found some examples of nice realisations done by an artist with paint. Very realistic... that's the kinda trick I want for my shop.

It can be a hole in concret floor, man hole opened... whatever may confuse people walking in.

Hey that second image is right here at chico state!

SAR.Summerlin

How about something like this from shutterstock.com

Attachments

• stock-photo-door-to-sky-20625358.jpg
    stock-photo-door-to-sky-20625358.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 122

Patentagosse

There's a lot of nice 3D renderings out there but that looks like LEGO* when applied in real environment (I know, I've tried...)

*plastic, too-good-to-be-true...

For main door, I'll take a picture with the door removed and slap it over full size... but it will still look perfect from a certain angle only. There's another shop about 1 hour from mine that wrapped their 14x14 garage door with a Boeing, front view, like when they do maintenance in the big airline hangars. That was SO impressive. It was like they were doing letters on the side. If only I could recover that pic...

That was for sure a major head-turner...

Patentagosse

Here's a samll pic of the "Boeing" wrapped garage doors I mentioned. I've sent an email to the owner of this shop if by any chances he could send me better pictures...

Attachments

• Portes garage wrap.jpg
    Portes garage wrap.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 82