• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble getting this pdf or eps into flexi or corel

timaquatic

I have solved my issue for now despite problems with the file, here is how I did it.

Resized in Illustrator then copied to the clipboard pasted into Flexi as an image then printed on a 3'x6' sheet

Maybe a Redneck way to get things done but it looks great and I am from Florida after all!

I can't get this into corel X3 or flexi 8.5, I've tried just about everything including using acrobat professional to export etc.

Opens fine in acrobat so i can see what it's supposed to look like but that's it!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think the problem with that file is there are 3 stacked mesh objects that make up that swoosh fill.
Mesh objects don't always export or import very well outside of the program they were made in.

Good that you have solved your problem - for the next time if you need to edit or change a file like this take a look at the attached file
Download it and rename it to zion.cdr so it will open up in x3.
(I renamed it zion.pdf so it would upload.)
It would be best to rasterize those mesh fills at the final print size before export out of Corel.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• zion.pdf
    94.9 KB · Views: 112

sjm

I can't get this into corel X3 or flexi 8.5, I've tried just about everything including using acrobat professional to export etc.

Opens fine in acrobat so i can see what it's supposed to look like but that's it!

Dude that is a challenging problem. Opened in CS3, released clipping mask and stroked. What I have now is EPS 3 file that you color like you want.

How do I post it for you? Took all of 5 minutes.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
GAC05, Acrobat 9.0 Reader has problems with your file. You sure it's a PDF?

I am sure it is not
:doh:
From my post above:
"Download it and rename it to zion.cdr so it will open up in x3.
(I renamed it zion.pdf so it would upload.)"

No listing on the upload page for corel "cdr" files - changing the the file type in the name does not change the file - just makes it so it can be uploaded - change back to cdr and corel will know what to do with it.

wayne k
guam usa

sjm

CAC05, but I had no issues opening the original posters PDF and correcting it in Illustrator. You seem to be circumventing naming conventions which all mainstream programs rely on. Though Corel is not main stream and that is maybe where the problem lies?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The only reason I changed the file name is so that I could post it here on the forum.
The forum will not recognize cdr files for upload.
I think I could have also zipped the corel file and uploaded the zip but this way was the first I thought of.
He said he has X3 and Flexi so I saved it to Corel's cdr format so he could take a look at it.
Didn't think it was all that complicated.

Maybe I was wrong.

wayne k
guam usa

Just checked and this forum will accept zipped files, most forums I frequent have that option turned off - I'll use zip next time.

I

Attachments

• zion.zip
    85.9 KB · Views: 100

mtmdesigns

unlock mask in illustrator. create outlines, downsave it to version 7 or 3 export then mport in flexi. make sure the stroke is at.001 or 1 i can't recall.

Jackpine

Opened in x3

Opened in x3 with a little cleanup.
I see where wayne k's opened differently.

Attachments

• Official Zion Logo 3 inch_signs101.jpg
    Official Zion Logo 3 inch_signs101.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Cramiekske

Probably the problem you have with the Illustrator or even later pdf files are the used layers. If you would save the file as a Tiff or Jpeg (Export from Acrobat) You can open the file without any problems in Flexi.
Cheers
Marc