• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble getting this pdf or eps into flexi or corel

timaquatic

I can't get this into corel X3 or flexi 8.5, I've tried just about everything including using acrobat professional to export etc.

Opens fine in acrobat so i can see what it's supposed to look like but that's it!

Attachments

• Official Zion Logo 3 inch.pdf
    339.4 KB · Views: 142

signmeup

Print screen, open in corel, trace over it. You must have Papyrus and Trajan. It took you longer to post this than it would to re-create it.

Tim Aucoin

Was able to open it in Illy CS4, export as CS4 EPS Post Script 3 file no problem. :rolleyes: CS3 had issues... I'm assuming you're using CS3?

Edit... I did get it to save fine as a CS3 EPS file.... Gonna fire up the PC and see if I can get it into Corel...

timaquatic

Tim

I don't have illustrator, they sent it to me as this pdf and an eps that I couldn't do anything with too, I couldn't upload that eps to this forum as that wasn't an option on the upload page.

If you have success converting it can you email it to me at timaquatic@yahoo.com

Thanks

Tim

iSign

learning how to capture all the data possible from the variety of file formats, versions & variations is a valuable skill in this industry. I'll almost always spend some time trying to do that before doing a redraw... like that banner file I got the other day in word or publisher (I can't even remember which) ...I was able to use the print command, and choose print to .pdf (thanks to a little lesson from another S101'r) and from there export as .eps & marvel of marvels... all their hideous clipart, & atrocious color schemes were captured in all it's nephew art glory, for resizing to banner dimensions...

JR's

posted by Isign
and from there export as .eps & marvel of marvels... all their hideous clipart, & atrocious color schemes were captured in all it's nephew art glory, for resizing to banner dimensions...

LOL

JR

Grafix USA

I opened it in AI CS3 and saved it as an .eps with no problems. Send me your email and I will send the .eps file to you. See if you can load that.

Not sure what the problem is.

bendeane

You still should get Illustrator...CS4 users don't seem to be having much of an issue and it sounds like some CS3 peeps are doing okay, too. You won't be sorry when you get Illy. It's "da bomb"!

timaquatic

David

I still can't get it into Flexi, I have since purchased Illustrator because of the other comments suggesting it was that easy and despite being able to open and edit there can still not save this in any format that will let me import it into Flexi or Corel.

Any suggestions apart from redraw? This may be an option for the gifted but this is not my strength.

Tim

Tim, I just sent it to you. Let me know if it works for you.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It will open in X3 if you first select the file then change the import type to ai.
The clip mask on the swoosh gets lost but the color gradient is there.

wayne k
guam usa